Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorisor

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It took me all of 10 hours to figure out how to allow my character to move around. (Me being an idiot, didn't think to actually mess with collision detection. But that's in the past.) Then it took me quite some time to string things like 'jump' animation into 'peak' animation into 'falling' animation, all the while one particular thing irked me the most more than everything thing that I've managed to overcome thus far.

Why does this program insist on blurring the sprites, or 'Smoothing' them. I THINK this is called Anti-Aliasing, but whatever it is, it makes the game look like someone chewed on it for 3 days and it's just a bunch of much. Is there a particular way to save tiles/sprites so that when I test play it doesn't look like a 2 year old spit on it and did the hamster dance ontop of it? Or is it just stuck looking like someone photoshopped the blur tool all across it?

BigEd781

undefined method 'stupid_title' found for nil:NilC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dothraki
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have never seen RPG Maker perform any sort of anti-aliasing on sprites. Can you give us a simple case which reproduces what you are seeing? Show us the original graphic and then show us what it looks like in game and note anything needed to make it occur.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
He's prolly using a custom resolution script the game cannot handle. =/

Rapu

One foot in grave, the other in hell.
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
He's talking about IG Maker. >_>

Lorisor

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes I'm talking about IG Maker, and everything looks fine in the editor, it's only when I test it that it looks like nonsense. Is the photo too large?

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
He's talking about IG Maker. >_>
Oh wow! I didn't know IG maker you could pick custom resolutions! Learn sumthin' new everyday.

In that case, have to checked your GPU settings? some monitors as well scale images. Old DLP TV's have AA problems as well.

EDIT: I see... check if you have a AA turned up in your 3d settings. Check your GPU settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorisor

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*Facepalms*

Wow...and here I was thinking it was the program. That cleared it up really fast, didn't even know the computer would do something like that. That's why I hate WIN7. Thanks Mako!

BigEd781

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dothraki
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's why I hate WIN7.
It has absolutely nothing to do with windows and everything to do with your GPU, its associated driver, and *your* settings. before "hating" something you should put at least the smallest amount of effort towards understanding it.

Lorisor

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Understood, but with winXP never has this problem come up, ever with nothing I've ever done. Now, it's not that I'm not saying that I didn't understand, but at the same time, it wasn't something I had to check upon with XP not even once, ever.

Edit: Now it might not have anything to do with Windows, but apparently by default 7 decided to configure things that way on it's own by default. I understand enough to know that it wasn't this way when I had XP. That's all I'm trying to say.

BigEd781

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dothraki
Primarily Uses
N/A
Windows 7 didn't decide, your GPU driver did. Either way...

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyben