DateMajima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Does anyone know a script that can prevent cheating game?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not really - you can try to make cheating more difficult, but you will not be able to prevent it no matter what. there are cheat engines out there written for memory scans of game data, and nothing you can do will prevent that from happening.

the only way to prevent cheating would be to move all data to an internet server that is secured, and that is rather difficult with VXA.

DateMajima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not really - you can try to make cheating more difficult, but you will not be able to prevent it no matter what. there are cheat engines out there written for memory scans of game data, and nothing you can do will prevent that from happening.

the only way to prevent cheating would be to move all data to an internet server that is secured, and that is rather difficult with VXA.
Well, I know that game can still be cheated, and I just want to decrease it, as much as possible. Or at least if you know how can prevent Save Editor and/or Cheat Engine. :|

Allaboutevent

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Out of curiosity, may I ask why you are so invested in stopping cheaters in a single player Indie game?

It may be a small % of players if any, that decide to cheat. Whether they do or not should have no bearing on other players experience.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How is the player supposed to be able to cheat?
unless they decrypt your game or you have events that function badly, cheating should not be possible unless you have a cheat system.
Am I missing something here?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a cheat engine can scan the memory while the game is running to determine where for example the HP is stored. it takes some time to do this while playing, but if you get enough data the engine can identify the correct memory adress and then override it, giving the player unlimited HP for example.

and I just want to decrease it, as much as possible.
you simply can't.
the only way to get around a cheat engine analysing the computer's memory is by storing the data on an internet server. and that simply won't work for the Ace engine at all.

Reactions: Bex

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Even Triple-A games with hundreds of professional developers like Elden Ring, Counter Strike, Overwatch, Cyberpunk 2077, GTA 5, etc. have cheaters and the devs can do nothing against them.

Do you really think a single hobby developer can do better?

DateMajima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Even Triple-A games with hundreds of professional developers like Elden Ring, Counter Strike, Overwatch, Cyberpunk 2077, GTA 5, etc. have cheaters and the devs can do nothing against them.

Do you really think a single hobby developer can do better?
Ah, sorry. And thank you everyone. My old friend tell me how to do it.

DateMajima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[SOLVED][\SOLVED]

DateMajima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
unless they decrypt your game or you have events that function badly, cheating should not be possible unless you have a cheat system.
Am I missing something here?
oh, they will cheat with anyway they can do: decrypt game, cheat by engine or use cheat web

DateMajima

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Out of curiosity, may I ask why you are so invested in stopping cheaters in a single player Indie game?

It may be a small % of players if any, that decide to cheat. Whether they do or not should have no bearing on other players experience.
People in my country really like cheating games, in my country there are some people who make some anti-cheating script that can delete all save file if cheating found, but they won't and never share these script with each others

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The best and safest way would be to make the game dependant on a server, and the server dictate the data of the game, but of course that means not only a coding work needed on the game, but also resources for a game that would only be offline. The second thing and something that some games have done is having a checker on the game, where it checks if some data has been changed, like for example if max hp for some reason doubles instantly, it would detect that and erase the save data. This stops those cheat o' matic stuff.

Anyway.... said all this, why would you bother if they are cheating on your game? if it isn't some online game where it ruins experience from other players, it should just be ok, no?

123edc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
leaving the question, why anyone would even want to prevent it, aside

i once saw a interesting possibility to tackle that topic in one of our beloved ecchi games xD

there, the dev basically implemented "checks" on several occasions ...
and if youre time was physically impossible
or if the gameplay (logically) wouldn't allow you to have certain items or reached a certain number of goals at the state you were currently inside ... then he made the game hand out the lower reward instead of the highest one (coupled with a "cheating is bad ;( statement) ... while still running the game, like nothing ever happened xD

overtheorized

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It can be a hard thing to do, but you've got to set aside your planned vision and accept that people are going to want to play games in whatever way they do, and that's their prerogative. Most will experience it the way you intended; that's why they got the game, after all. But the people who cheat, let them cheat. It's singleplayer, it won't affect anyone. The experience you want to force them to have isn't what they're after anyways.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippymp