Any decent/relatively effective encrytion tools/methods for VX Ace?

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all,

I will (in the near future) be releasing my game commercially and want to protect the scripts and art I've personally paid for via commission work. They didn't come cheap so I'd like to know of any methods I can utilize to protect my game.

The standard compression in VXAce (as many know) is rubbish and was hacked years ago. So now any greedy/lazy RM'er can just crack the game with a simple tool to steal the scripts/graphics and systems I've spent hours fine tuning.

So are there any folks here who sell their games and use a specific method to protect their games? I'm open to any suggestions.

I was considering some sort of wrapper to bundle the game into a single exe file but I dont know if a tool like this exists or how this would affect the games performance as my game is already pretty big.

Any suggestions would be awesome as most of the previous methods have either been cracked or removed from d/l links etc.

The method doesn't necessarily need to be bomb proof as I know a hacker with average skill could crack it but I want to make it as hard as possible for opportunistic thieves attempting to steal my games resources.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is rather difficult to blinding your resources as much as possible.

For javascript , the best way, is to compress and minify all of your JS files in one file. (or ruby)
And Use difficult variables names to read to make the jobs more hard for leek and gangster

for image,
There is not really a viable solution, rmmv offers a encode, which unfortunately has be decoded hardly someday after its release.
So I'm not have solution for the pictures.

Putting everything in an exe compressor, can seriously affect the performance of your application.

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That sounds more of a MV method of doing things. I'm finding it hard to locate a decent encryption scrip/tool for VXAce.

gregbaby

Evil Genius. o_O
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'l take a look at that, my plan is to find a method to compress my graphics, data and script files. VX Ace compression is a complete, laughable joke so I need something extra to protect all my resources.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtsyWeasel