ShyGirlSarah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love FFXIV and I love meeting other players. My main is on Aether - Midgardsomr and I'm still progressing through Shadowbringers. I love this game so much and I love talking/gushing about it!

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep. I play. Started in April. I'm partially through SB. I stopped work on the MSQ due to burn-out, but I've been leveling up my classes to try to get them all to Level 30 before moving along.

I play as a White Mage and do decent at it. I also keep an offline Blog in the form of a "Journal" in Word. Something to basically record my first experiences with the game, and playing a new MMO after a very long time of not taking MMO's seriously.

For example... I haven't joined a Guild in two decades... first day on FFXIV, I joined a Free Company since I got a really nice invite. I also tend to avoid doing dungeons and raids, due to needing to deal with people, but I've been helping out people in my Free Company anytime they ask and I've got some time to help. Likewise, I've been spending time helping out other players with things, crafting the low level items I can for them, telling them where to go and what to do... where to get the next set of armor... etcetera.

I've got plans to run a Raid at some point as well. I haven't done it yet, since I don't seem to ever be online when my Free Company runs them, but I will be someday.

I'm on Malboro, so I probs won't ever see you until we're doing the same PUG content at the same time, ha ha.

Is aught amiss?

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played a few years ago, and again as recently as late last year. Both times I joined large FC's an got promoted fairly high, although I never really made it THAT far. Both times I restarted and burned myself out, playtime on first run was like 30 days, second was 24 days or something. Both times I started with Monk, last time I tried tanking and healing as well, although I don't remember which classes.

One thing I would do both times I played is mess around with (literally) the shard market. I would make tons of money to share with my fiance's character and my buddy's, we all wanted to start our own FC.

I would mine the heck out of shards, each of us had different types we were responsible for getting. We would make certain 'decisions' to get our money up pretty much exclusively in the market, and I was giving 30% to the FC. Our goal was 10 mil each before we started our FC, but I got burnt out pretty quickly, both times.

This last time I had my chocobo the color I wanted and ranking up all the time, I was through Heavensward and into Stormblood, had quite a few DOW leveled up and even more DOH/DOL classes up there.

I'll eventually go back but feel the need to start over, do it all again and burn myself out. And I look forward to it :D

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love ff14! Pretty much just started 2 months ago and almost through ARR.

My main is black mage. On the exodus server. On the side I level a dragoon and white mage.

It’s a phenomenally good game. So good I don’t want to play any other games. Even my excitement for ff7 remake went away. I just want to play ff14 lol.

Arrowgantt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I have been playing Final Fantasy 14 for a long time. I find that FFXIV is a rich experience that can provide years of excellent content to dive into (I just have farm ffxiv gil myself). The story is incredible and simply just keeps getting better, the devs listen to players and really seem to care about us, and the community is loving and dedicated to making a great experience for everyone.

Last edited:

teleshock_p

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For anyone who hasn't played FFXIV yet, there's a free trial that's definitely worth checking out.

It lets you play the main game and the first expansion. You can take as long as you want and you don't have to pay anything. It only has some restrictions placed on social stuff, like you can't shout in chat, create a guild or access the marketplace.

FFXIV has great writing and lots of memorable moments and amazing characters. Even if you don't care that much for MMO's there's a ton of fantastic single player content in that free trial.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to play, but I got really bored of the most recent expansion. It did lead me to start playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, which I enjoyed a hell of a lot more.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Actually, it me! Illy from RMN roped me into the game weeks ago. Am Level 27, playing a Miqo'te Pugilist (just shy of becoming Monk, I believe). Might grab Warrior and White Mage later on, and I know I wanna use Dancer at Level 60+. The game in general has felt like a celebration of Final Fantasy, and it's one of few MMOs that I'd want to play (Elder Scrolls Online and Phantasy Star Online 2 could've been too).

Right now, grinding the main story to catch up on my level. The latest story quest is for 20th level, but I may be fighting Ifrit and/or his cultists soon.

@rue669, I am also on Exodus! Hit me up on Raziya Aviv sometimes, though do tell me you're from RM Web if you do?

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RachelTheSeeker

Yeah, level 30 is when you get the quest for all the baseline Jobs to level up into classes. So, you'll do the Level 30 Pugilist Quest and then you'll get the quest to get the Job Stone or whatever they call it to turn into a Monk.

I highly recommend picking up all the classes right now if you can. YOu don't have to do them all, but better to have them all immediately so you don't have to go back for them later when you max out level on one of them.

I also recommend picking up crafting. YOu can make a KILLING on the Market selling furniture and Leatherworked items. We're talking 10K for level 25 crafted items. The prices only get more ridiculous from there. If you go into Culinary crafting or Alchemy, you're not going to be able to sell much of it on the Market Board.

I also recommend doing the Relic Quests at level 50. :D They're terribly grindy but also great for bragging rights. I'm currently working on my fourth A Realm Reborn Relic (got 3 of them to their highest form). It's funny when your Free Company starts complaining about the Braves Books and you just casually link them the 3 you finished up to Zeta and go, "done them more than once, what're you complaining about?" :D

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right now, grinding the main story to catch up on my level. The latest story quest is for 20th level, but I may be fighting Ifrit and/or his cultists soon.
You're grinding levels? I played from scratch all the way to the latest expansion and was constantly overlevelled for all content until that point. Then again, I did enjoy going into dungeons; those daily dungeons give you a crazy amount of experience.

I started to really not have fun when I was looking for aethercurrents just so I could use a flying mount; I'm glad I didn't need to look for those stupid things when they introduced flying in the old areas.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hyperion here :kaohi: pretty much on "paid free trial" as i own till heavensward and waiting for endwalker to get the rest of the expansions, pretty entertaining game, just unlocked bard and been doing anime/game covers on gridania inn as of late :kaopride:

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're grinding levels? I played from scratch all the way to the latest expansion and was constantly overlevelled for all content until that point. Then again, I did enjoy going into dungeons; those daily dungeons give you a crazy amount of experience.
Not necessarily levels as trying to muck through the story. I'm overleveled for the story myself by playing said dungeons with pals. Been using chocobos and teleportation a lot. ^^;

@RachelTheSeeker
I highly recommend picking up all the classes right now if you can. YOu don't have to do them all, but better to have them all immediately so you don't have to go back for them later when you max out level on one of them.
Duly noted! I wasn't so sure about whether it'd be easier later on or what. So... Conjurer, Marauder and Lancer it is!

I also recommend picking up crafting. YOu can make a KILLING on the Market selling furniture and Leatherworked items. We're talking 10K for level 25 crafted items. The prices only get more ridiculous from there. If you go into Culinary crafting or Alchemy, you're not going to be able to sell much of it on the Market Board.
Duly noted on consumables being a bad idea too! I'm not sure what kinds of item crafting I wanna pick. Does one need to sell stuff on the market? I'm more interested in gear and adventuring than buying and selling player-made items.

I also recommend doing the Relic Quests at level 50. :D They're terribly grindy but also great for bragging rights.
Understood! Shall give that a whirl when I get there. Gonna be a while but hey, am halfway with Pugilist. *_*

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not necessarily levels as trying to muck through the story. I'm overleveled for the story myself by playing said dungeons with pals. Been using chocobos and teleportation a lot. ^^;
The higher level dungeons are a lot of fun. I grew to hate the low level stuff due to the level sync thingy which strips you of a lot of your ability to function properly in a group; this is even worse if you play a healer or tanking class, something I did.

By the time I reached Shadowbringers, I was so bloody sick of the Thousand Maws of Toto Rak. Unfortunately, if you want the juicy roulette bonus, you don't get to decide which dungeon you do. >.<

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The higher level dungeons are a lot of fun. I grew to hate the low level stuff due to the level sync thingy which strips you of a lot of your ability to function properly in a group; this is even worse if you play a healer or tanking class, something I did.

By the time I reached Shadowbringers, I was so bloody sick of the Thousand Maws of Toto Rak. Unfortunately, if you want the juicy roulette bonus, you don't get to decide which dungeon you do. >.<

They patched that, roulettes only pop for 10 levels up or down of the averaage party level so no more maws unless you're actually on its level range, it sadly skewed low level queues specially as dps, #50 in line and waiting :kaocry:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They patched that, roulettes only pop for 10 levels up or down of the averaage party level so no more maws unless you're actually on its level range, it sadly skewed low level queues specially as dps, #50 in line and waiting
That's good to hear. It was so boring doing those super low level dungeons. I mean, I didn't mind helping sprouts and other low levels go through those dungeons, but there's only so many times you can do the same dungeon before you lose your patience.

Saying that, later dungeons, especially in the expansions, were so linear that they were just as boring. Just corridors your group ran through.

I still feel sorry for anyone who joins the group finder hoping to get a real run of the final dungeons for the base game. it's nothing but running through every single enemy to reach the next cinematic. In order to experience everything properly, I had to ask in the chat if someone was willing to guide me through it. Luckily, I found someone who was more than happy to guide me through those long raid dungeons so I could experience the bosses and cinematics as they were intended.

Then I found out you could watch most cutscenes at the inn. lol. xD

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Duly noted! I wasn't so sure about whether it'd be easier later on or what. So... Conjurer, Marauder and Lancer it is!

It's easier to have all the classes on hand, because if you have many of the same level, they can share the same gear a lot of the time. It's also easier to put the change on a hotbar so you can swap to anything you want at any time. You may not want to play as a Rogue right now, but maybe in two months, you'll want to, and it's good to have the initial quest out of the way for getting it so you can jump straight into leveling it. I suggest doing this with the crafting/gathering classes as well.

Duly noted on consumables being a bad idea too! I'm not sure what kinds of item crafting I wanna pick. Does one need to sell stuff on the market? I'm more interested in gear and adventuring than buying and selling player-made items.

You don't NEED to sell stuff on the market, but it's easier to do so. You can do fates and leves (combat or crafting) to get Gil. You can also get Gil through doing quests (though it isn't all that much).

By far, the quickest and easiest way to earn money is to craft and sell.

Now, there is another reason to get into crafting. HQ Gear (High Quality). If you can craft your own High Quality gear sets, they basically put you "ahead of the curve". Early on, an HQ set (pre level 30) is basically equivalent to having "armor and a half" equipped. That is, it's about a 50% bonus to the baseline stats of the items (all the stats, not just the defensive value!). This can mean you can skip several upgrades of armor and still be "fighting ready".

When you do get into crafting, I recommend doing all the the classes at once. All the gathering and all the crafting. There is a TON of overlap in materials between the crafting professions and you will need to craft some things in one profession in order to use them in another. If you do it this way, you can keep the amount of crafting materials on hand to a minimum (because you can use them up much quicker) as well as save money on not having to buy the materials you need.

This also has a fantastic side effect of only requiring you have ONE set of equipment for crafting and ONE for gathering, because everything is the same level. You won't have dozens of sets of armor and gloves and boots and rings laying around.

Oh, NPC vendors for each crafting class will basically have enough materials to allow you to do every recipe up to Level 20. At that point, you'll NEED to either buy off the Market Board or pick up the gathering classes to get what you need.

Fastest way to level crafting:

HQ craft one of every single item in the "Crafting Log". You get tons of XP from HQ item crafting (buy or grind your way to getting your first set of HQ crafting gear... you can then use that set of gear to craft the next level up for crafting gear for all eternity and it's relatively easy with the stats). I do mean TONS. We're talking 1 level every 2 or 3 items.

Understood! Shall give that a whirl when I get there. Gonna be a while but hey, am halfway with Pugilist. *_*

Lots of Relic weapons. ARR ones... HW ones... Storm ones... Shadowbringers ones... and I think the new expansion will have them.

THEY ARE PRETTY! BEYOND PRETTY! They glow and animate and are DELIGHTFUL.

VCraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
I heard about this game as well as about experience of players who spent over 1000 hours playing this one :) I think that's the main reason why I haven't even tried to play it. Since I know myself and my competitive part of personality, I will spend all my spare time if I give it a try.
Though I'm familiar with FFXIV from FFRK and DFFOO mobile games.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!
Oh, wow!
6VDEms4.png

Still need one or two "placeholder" asset things and then I'm venturing into custom windows + menus!
(I'm a little scared, lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bielsansmr2