jgdeutsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We're 1/3 through the production of our educational RMMZ game and have now run into the need to properly balance the game.

The game gets too hard or too easy from level to level, and when we adjust one thing, it tends to throw off another.

Is there a good balancing plugin for MZ?

One that automatically assigns the damage the actors and enemies do, the gold and exp they receive, based on their current status?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We're 1/3 through the production of our educational RMMZ game and have now run into the need to properly balance the game.

The game gets too hard or too easy from level to level, and when we adjust one thing, it tends to throw off another.

Is there a good balancing plugin for MZ?

One that automatically assigns the damage the actors and enemies do, the gold and exp they receive, based on their current status?
you mean like...
something that scales damage based on a comparison of the actor's level versus the (custom) enemy's level? If so, I built a generic functionality like that and never really publicly released it, but could if there was someone who actually wanted it.

EDIT
the scaling also applies accordingly to experience and gold.

jgdeutsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you mean like...
something that scales damage based on a comparison of the actor's level versus the (custom) enemy's level? If so, I built a generic functionality like that and never really publicly released it, but could if there was someone who actually wanted it.

EDIT
the scaling also applies accordingly to experience and gold.
Yeah, exactly this! Can I try it out?

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yeah sure pal.
I have it on my list of things to extend a bit and polish for proper release, but if you want to take a stab at it as-is (it does work fine, but if you want to tweak the scaling, you have to modify the code), you can find it in my test project I use to demo JABS in my signature, named `J-LevelScaling`.
Alternatively, you can hang out a while and I'll probably release it properly in the next week or so.

jgdeutsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yeah sure pal.
I have it on my list of things to extend a bit and polish for proper release, but if you want to take a stab at it as-is (it does work fine, but if you want to tweak the scaling, you have to modify the code), you can find it in my test project I use to demo JABS in my signature, named `J-LevelScaling`.
Alternatively, you can hang out a while and I'll probably release it properly in the next week or so.
I might wait till then - lots of bugs to bash at the moment already. Thanks and look forward to it!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How is it called a rpg maker game without the default "pokemon-like" battle system?
Unfortunately, while trying to run an app I needed (curse you, Adobe!), my laptop blacked out, so my data got wiped when I got it repaired. Stuff like facesets are saved in my drive, but my sprites now only exist as screenshots I've taken in the past :kaocry:To be fair, I'm a little relieved, since I've been feeling unsatisfied with the visual style of the character sprites, and I guess I can now revamp them?

after lot's of edits to Mike's attacks (to make it seamless with movement, no EX versions, cost 1-ups), I finally got combo skills to work. had to do a lot moving tho to get the combo list to appear where it is lol. that actually took longer than setting up the moves.
What's kind of amazing is I've been in a developmental rut for the LONGEST time but putting a music mix on of video game soundtracks and specifically hearing the VX Ace music come up and it's nostalgia of me being excited to make my first game has REALLY got me going again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnvrl