Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm new to the RPG Maker and this forum.
I'm going to develop my first game and...
I'm having a little problem...
There's no asset packs or sprites in the shop that fit my game.
I'm going to find some new tools that can be used in creating pixel-art-style sprites and there is no tool that meet my requirement. 
Can you show me what tool do you think that could help me in creating games? I'd be thankful for that!!! Thank you for reading this.
Greetings from Vietnam!
P/s: I'm finding the assets/sprites about:
+Hospital

+Computer

+80-90s-Early 2000s: Japanese/Retro/Internet Culture

+Sad/Dark characters

Thanks, again <(") <(")

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you're asking about programs to help make resources, I'm going to move this to Resource Support. 

However, I know at the very least computers exist, so you might want to post in Resource Requests to see if you can get some help finding what you need.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My favorite tool for pixel art is Pixel Edit, because of how it handles tiles.  I've tried quite a few different programs for pixel art though.  You seem to be looking for something specific when it comes to your art program of choice.  Tell me what you are looking for and I can maybe help you figure out which one is best for your needs.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greeting form Vietnam, my friend ^^

If you want to do some pixel art, here is my suggestion of my favorite tools:

- Photoshop: Tileset, Character,...

- Aseprite: Sprite/Character,...

- Paint Tool SAI: for some custom CG/character face,bust you might use for your game in the future. I haven't use it to draw pixel art, but it's possible. 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I approve of Aseprite for pixel art, I reciently bought it and I'm finding it more useful than I had thought it was going to be.  Much better for animation than Graphics Gale or Pyxel Edit.  I can't recommend Photoshop.  If you've got it and you're used to it, sure, use it for that, but otherwise it's too expensive and doesn't really add anything that you can't find elsewhere cheaper.  For general editing I use GIMP lately.  I haven't used SAI, but it seemed to me to be a bit like Clip Studio Paint or Manga Studio or even Krita, something better suited for making other things than pixel art.  If we're talking non pixel art tools my list is completely different.  Pixels and Painting have different needs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE ALL GENDERS! SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL.
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyo