Any help with SF_MadDoctor overworld and face sprites?

Autofire

PICNIC Solver
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Characters, Faces
Maker Format: MV
Art Style: MV RTP

My Goal:
I'm currently working on a free project that is using the Mad Doctor from the Sci Fi assets. His character sprite is in SF_People3, and his battler is SF_MadDoctor. Unfortunately, the RTP is missing a face sprite for the Mad Doctor. For your convenience, I've included the original sprites in the reference images section.

Furthermore, I would like a "sane" version of the doctor, which would not have the headlamp, would be wearing a shirt, and would not have tattered clothes. I want to have a face and an overworld sprite, but no battler is necessary.

My Progress:
I have tried editing the overworld sprite, but I've hit a roadblock for the down-facing sprites. I'm not too confident in the hair for the left-facing sprites, but that was relatively easy to create.

Also, I have managed to create a "good enough" face using the character generator. However, there is no headlamp part in the character creator, and I don't trust my artistic ability to make one.

My Request:
If you don't mind helping, I would be thrilled if you could either:
  • Finish the edit of the Mad Doctor's overworld sprite; and/or
  • Create a headlamp part for the character generator. (Editing the face is fine as well.)
If you're feeling generous, I would appreciate a better set of faces. Also, the overworld sprites shouldn't have a headband, but removing it would require redrawing the hair...

But beggars can't be choosers, can they? I've included the edits as well as the originals below. Thanks for reading through this!

Reference Images:
Battler:
SF_MadDoctor.png

Faces:
Doctor_Faces.png

Original "insane" overworld sprites:
MadDoctor.png

Edited "sane" overworld sprites:
SaneDoctor.png

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that you're more capable than you know ;) The edits you made to the sprite look great!

I finished that off for you anyway :kaoluv:

Autofire

PICNIC Solver
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, you even took out the headband!

I had actually forgotten that I had made this thread until I saw the notification. Beyond just doing a great job, you really helped take one of the (many) things off the list of things that I need to get done. (I'm planning on releasing this project in a couple of days; I have a couple of other things I need to get done next month, so...)

Thank you so, so much!:kaocry:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
WOW! Great work to both of you! DO you mind if I use this? What are the terms? :)

-MIA

Autofire

PICNIC Solver
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DO you mind if I use this? What are the terms?
I don't mind you using what I've put here, whether commercial or non-commercial. Credit is appreciated, but I'm not going to call the cops on you if you forget... most of what I've done is fairly minor. (Oh, and you have to own MV, but that should go without saying.)

I'd wait for Rhino's response for their edits, but I'm assuming that they don't mind you using them... why else would they post it here? They do have a resource thread with a ToS there, so it's probably safe to assume those are the terms. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rhinos-random-resources-updated-5-5.78809/

Also, I need the damage pose and I didn't realize that the head was different. But this time, I decided to just give it a stab. It's passable, though I could probably do better if I spent more time with it.
Damage.png

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Autofire Good luck with your release!! :kaojoy:

@M.I.A. I'm happy for anyone to use it as long as they follow @Autofire's terms above! Edit was really small on my part, so no need to credit me. :LZSrasp:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Superb! Thanks! I have a chapter in my project where "Science" and Technology slowly begin to corrupt.. so the "nice" doctor will be good to have before he becomes crazy. :)

-MIA

*EDIT* Hey @Avery , would an edit such as this make it into the "What the RTP is missing" thread?

Autofire

PICNIC Solver
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah, snazzy!

They look much more like him than what I had before. Many thanks!

ItsJerry999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, can I use this for a game I'm making?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am dead tired but at the same time I really wanna write a tutorial x_x
Looked out side and couldn't see the neighbor's house through the snow. That age old Christmas song started going through my head. "It's a lovely day to say the heck at home."
Last year, I planted a bunch of spinach, and one plant wasn't doing well, so I transferred it to a separate pot. All its kin died while it hibernated over winter. Now it thrives. I've named it Prince Spinach.
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island is anime and you cant change my mind.
I guess the concept of friendship has changed :") Today I saw a very quiet boy getting bullied by his 'friends' because he wasn't talking. They made a circle and made him sit in the middle and were nagging him saying hey talk, sing a song, do this tongue twister etc. etc. And I could totally see the discomfort in the boy's face. Glad I don't have 'friends' lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muhlijem