TheeWARIO

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know of a place/website to go for live chats or instant messaging about RPG Maker?

PS: I wasn't sure if this question would go in the general forum or somewhere else. Please move it if not in the right place.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are numerous Discord servers to join.
For starter
- You could go to either Yanfly's site and look for RPG Maker Portal discord invite
- Go to the RMN site, and look for a discord invite
- Go to RPG Maker subreddit, and look for a discord invite

Unfortunately, the forum rules prohibit a direct link to those discords for some reasons.

TheeWARIO

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are numerous Discord servers to join.
For starter
- You could go to either Yanfly's site and look for RPG Maker Portal discord invite
- Go to the RMN site, and look for a discord invite
- Go to RPG Maker subreddit, and look for a discord invite

Unfortunately, the forum rules prohibit a direct link to those discords for some reasons.
yes discord was my first thought but when I typed in RPG Maker nothing came up (well 8 of something came up but they were individuals not a community).
I will check it out. I have never used Discord other then individual talk.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
yes discord was my first thought but when I typed in RPG Maker nothing came up
It is probably because either they are not a public server, you can only join by using an invite link, or their name is not using "RPG Maker".

TheeWARIO

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is probably because either they are not a public server, you can only join by using an invite link, or their name is not using "RPG Maker".
I have RPG Maker MV on my list but when going to press it nothing happens so I guess that one was shut down. It was long ago.

I went to Yanfly's site....but @.@ I have no idea what I'm looking at there.
What's RMN site?
I know of reddit but never mess with it.

I'm sorry I'm a newbie with this stuff. Up to this point I have only ever asked specific questions on the forums but now looking into instant messaging just to talk about stuff in RPG Maker.

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The website for Yanfly is Yanfly.moe just in case.
Look for image below...
There are A LOT of RPGmaker Discord channels besides this one, and all of them operate differently. I find this one is more for asset and plug-in promotion than downright discussion and use it to check out what his group is concocting.

RMN is a site dedicated to RPGMaker. This site is endorsed and maintained by the makers of the software, and RMN is different because it is not. They have different rules, and I agree with @TheoAllen that it is an important additional site for RPGMaker discussion as well. The site is called RPGMaker network.

1611664248903.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The light has gone out of my life.

About time they finally press the kill switch button for older makers.
Sorry everyone, I am here sporadically. After 6 years of delays after delays in my life, I try to do all mat once and that means that I spread thin everywhere because it just is impossible to crunch 6 years in one or even two, but I try! I wish many of that I would already given you and put behind but... well...
I'm looking for an experienced gamer who has played a few games created with RPG Maker, who knows what an alpha build is, who may remember the old days when cliché was the favorite word on Creation Asylum, who, if a reviewer, would ask for my permission before making a review to post on YouTube, or whatever, since I will be messaging you a 10 minute, or so, DEMO based on an alpha build of Effervesce Fallacy™.
No matter how many times I listen to him, I know this is Joker speaking, but my brain can only hear Dagda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawYuuki