Any lore about elves/sharp ears/their equivalents?

Aegix Drakan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, so I'm heavily considering making a little game in this setting (firstly, because Dead Moon Night and Grumpy Knight both made me fall in love with it, and secondly because a somewhat comedic game will definitely not fit in the game world I've already created).

Now, I've seen in the main topic that there ARE other non-human races caused by what is basically Rift Radiation over a long period of time (so I can't make it so she was born from humans in a freak surprise of nature, I guess).

After some thought, (and finding a good spriteset/faceset for it) I thought of making one of the characters an "elf" (Sharp ears, etc).

Now, I haven't found any lore about them in the forums or main topics.

So...Are there any lore bits or stereotypes already established for Elves that I can play off of?

So far, my ideas are along the lines of:

- She's highly gifted with magic to the point it scares her.

- Other characters assume she eats nothing but celery.  (She does eat meat)

- Slurs used against her include "Shark ears" and "Twig".

Last edited by a moderator:

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nope, except that Elves primarily exist in medieval-type settings.  I once considered doing something about Elves in a Scifi setting isntead. But then I went onto something else. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

SerpentRose

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most of the established lore is anything you can find in Gaelic fairytales, and Tolkien's work. Although, I'm not familiar with whatever setting you're referring to, which I assume is the tag Arum. Arum only returns flowers in Google, though. :U

Generally, elves are hateful of humans (see Altmer of Skyrim, any elf in LotR), arrogant, and carry a very... holier-than-thou attitude. In typical settings they have a lifespan of several hundred years, though Dragon Age stretched them out to thousands. One of the derogatory terms for them in that world is knife-ear, and the Dalish elves refer to the enslaved city elves as flat-ears.

Elves are typically perceived to be in tune with nature, and often portrayed as living in elegant woodland homes (ie, Rivendell). Also tend to be portrayed as excellent archers, better than most humans, and have finer-tuned senses and magical abilities. And very, very beautiful.

Aegix Drakan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*slowly facepalms*

I mean lore about elves in THIS specific setting!

I know all about elves from other types of settings (Lord of the rings, Dragon Age, etc).  I was just checking if someone had already established any lore about them in Arum that I should be keeping in mind when making her.

Like, if another user had made it official Canon that all elves were vegetarians due to their biology not being able to handle meat or something like that, I would not be able to make them turn out to be a huge meat lover if I felt like it, for a random example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor