yawk

Yawk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi! I would like to add mod support to my RPG Maker (VX Ace) game and I have not found anything, it would be cool if they made a script about it, I have found plugins for MV but I use VX Ace so it would be cool if you could pass me some script about this or that they did, thanks for reading :D

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what exacty do you mean by "mod support"?

If you're talking about giving players the ability to change your game, simply distribute it with the project file included
If you're talking about adding cheat options - that is usually done by events.

in both cases there is absolutely no need for any script, which is why none exist for that.

yawk

Yawk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I mean a system that reads a file from a folder in the game files and that file is capable of adding actors, changing sprites, etc. I want it that way since my game contains paid scripts and if I put the project of the game anyone could take those scripts.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is possible, but not in general.
any such mod script would have to be a custom one specifically designed to follow your game options

and to my knowledge such a script does not exist, not even in a general way - exactly because anyone else would be able to go to the open project route.

you'll need to give a full list of whatever effects you want to be available, and then someone can program that.

yawk

Yawk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok! Thanks for the info ^~^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Regret that I wasn't able to actually finish my igmc entry in time for the actual igmc. Will probably just offload it as a standalone thing.
I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

a friend of mines said I need an elevator pitch for my game. he then went and gave me his for his comic... then I realized I have no idea how to explain my game the way he did his comic lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetlive