IntoTheDrink

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried making multiple currencies with variables but it feels too clunky. Does anyone know any plugins (which are free) that can create a bunch of currencies which can be used in shops? If so, it would be greatly appreciated because I have spent almost a full day looking for a plugin.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to, but to not really possible,
there is a plugin to change gold to $ dollars, 2 decimals behind
that replace the gold, but to make multiple currencies, it wont
be possibles.

However, YEP_MultipleCurrencies (use items or variables
(recommend to use variables) is one that can do, but rely on item core,
and shopcore I believe, to avoid those 2, I dont see any other that has
this functionallity without independent plugins that are required.

Creating it with event can work if you do it right, and can work smoothly,
but you need to make a shop that can read variables as payment, rather
than gold or convert gold to the variable that hold the currency to get
paid with.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have spent almost a full day looking for a plugin.
There's the Yanfly plugin that ShadowDragon mentioned (which, granted, is no longer free...but it's not expensive, and comes in a pack with other stuff). Then there's this thread which leads to a BO_CustomShops that allows you to specify custom prices per item, but doesn't let you mix things per item.

Ultimately, when you start getting toward more complex stuff (and multiple currencies isn't the hardest thing in the world, but it's complex because it affects a number of the systems in the game), you simply may not be able to say "I want this functionality but only for free."

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DadOfSpaceMonkey