Any news when winners are announced?

Discussion in '2014 Indie Game Maker Contest' started by Tiarali, Jul 29, 2014.

1. catchthefloaty

catchthefloaty Villager Member

According to deckiller, like a month ago. Per his disqus comments

2. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Pretty sure top ten of both, so if the judge was an RPG judge, the top 10 RPGs go to them, etc.

BTW, thanks Touchfuzzy!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  3. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Top 5 in each category.

4. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh.

Ok, top 5 per category :p

5. B.Ultimus

B.Ultimus Drinker of Coffee Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Touchfuzzy, are you drinking a can or a bottle of Serge right now, that's all I really need to know.

Kryzon likes this.
  6. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Maybe they're doing thorough background checks on the top 10 to avoid copyright infringement etc?

EternalShadow likes this.
  7. NickMakesGames

NickMakesGames Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I feel like that's maybe something they would have done from the start. If it turns out that more than four of the ten games were breaking rules, then there wouldn't be enough entries to fill out all the prize slots.

I can see the validity of doing it this way, though, as it enormously reduces the amount of time that needs to be spent on background checks.

All the same, though, I think that a lot of games can be disqualified without a terribly rigorous background check. For example, a submission entitled "riddleyethis" features prominent images of samurai Jack on its screenshots. You can tell without even downloading that game that it broke the rules

catchthefloaty and EternalShadow like this.
  8. nhubi

nhubi Title goes here Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Nick I don't know if anyone ever got back to you, but you can post your game over on RMN, it's not just for RPG games, it's a pretty equal opportunity place, and there are quite a few platformers there, yours will be right at home.

9. NickMakesGames

First Language:
    English
    @nhubi, thanks very much for the heads up! I really love how welcoming this community has been so far.

@touchfuzzy, have you by any chance been in touch with the humble judges yet? It's fine if you haven't, but I (and I think many other people) would appreciate an update either way

10. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1 week left for September. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  11. NickMakesGames

First Language:
    English
    and the judges have, frustratingly enough, fallen silent yet again. Perhaps this is a good sign, though? Maybe they've been called back into action to help sort out one final workload before results?
    Man, I hope that's the case.

12. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Pretty sure the local judges can't do anything either atm. :c

13. B.Ultimus

First Language:
    English
    Pretty sure you guys are just trying to get blood out of a stone at this point.  We're pretty much caught up with the local judges.  Just gotta play the waiting game (like everyone else) at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    zDS likes this.
  14. Ksi

Ksi ~RTP Princess~ Moderator

First Language:
    English
    We're just waiting too, like you guys. ^.^;

If we hear more we'll let you know, though!

whitesphere and zDS like this.
  15. zDS

zDS One That Lives Many Lives Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The wait is painful, but I'm still discovering little hidden gems via the "Check these games out.". I probably wouldn't bother if the contest was over.

16. NickMakesGames

First Language:
    English
    In my opinion, the important thing is to know if you or touchfuzzy have emailed the judges yet. The competitors only have a direct line to the degica judges, and communication kind of breaks down if you guys don't relay messages to the higher ups, if possible.

I realize that it's very inconvenient to be positioned in the middle of a two way message chain, so I really wouldn't mind anybody saying "no, I haven't / can't currently speak with the humble judges."

It just feels good to be kept in the loop. It's also important to know that you guys are making an effort to be active in the forum. Even if nobody is making terribly meaningful or productive conversation, it's nice to know that the judges will be around in the event that meaningful discussion does occur

17. B.Ultimus

First Language:
    English
    Are you looking for a daily update, even if there is nothing? "Nothing today, better luck tomorrow"

In my mind, the judges have been more than vocal of everything that's been going on.  Honestly, I was expecting announcements of extensions, but so far we've heard a lot about the process, where judging is currently at, and where our blocking point is.

They aren't just judges, but they moderate/update forums, blogs, facebook pages, and employed to do other things within Enterbrain/Degica.

I understand the frustration, and my apologies if I'm sounding a bit harsh, but it just seems unreasonable to expect this constant open line of communication when there is literally no update at this point.  Just know that everything is moving the best they can, and when there's a real update, then we can continue from there. Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    slimmmeiske2 likes this.
  18. NickMakesGames

First Language:
    English
    Daily updates would be silly, but it would be nice for the judges to check the forum once a day or so. My most recent question, which I don't believe was either unreasonable or trivial to answer, went unchecked for four straight days. Granted, that's not the most significant wait, but it was a bit jarring after the ease of getting responses within hours of posts.

Maybe I'm just more frustrated about the inconsistency.

19. Mitchell

Mitchell Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey Everyone,
    We'll be announcing the winners on Tuesday (the 30th).

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding!!

cheers,

Mitchell

EternalShadow, zDS, Ksi and 1 other person like this.
  20. catchthefloaty

catchthefloaty Villager Member

Any reason we have to wait untill the 30th? Or are we still waiting on a decision?