catchthefloaty

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
how long ago were the top ten passed along? Furthermore, is that top ten from each category (twenty games passed in total), or ten best games from the two combined?
According to deckiller, like a month ago. Per his disqus comments

EternalShadow

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
how long ago were the top ten passed along? Furthermore, is that top ten from each category (twenty games passed in total), or ten best games from the two combined?
Pretty sure top ten of both, so if the judge was an RPG judge, the top 10 RPGs go to them, etc.

BTW, thanks Touchfuzzy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Top 5 in each category.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Touchfuzzy, are you drinking a can or a bottle of Serge right now, that's all I really need to know.

Cinnamon

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe they're doing thorough background checks on the top 10 to avoid copyright infringement etc?

NickMakesGames

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I feel like that's maybe something they would have done from the start. If it turns out that more than four of the ten games were breaking rules, then there wouldn't be enough entries to fill out all the prize slots.

I can see the validity of doing it this way, though, as it enormously reduces the amount of time that needs to be spent on background checks.

All the same, though, I think that a lot of games can be disqualified without a terribly rigorous background check. For example, a submission entitled "riddleyethis" features prominent images of samurai Jack on its screenshots. You can tell without even downloading that game that it broke the rules

nhubi

Title goes here
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Anyhow, I'm a bit new to the community, so I'm not familiar with RMN or RMW as abbreviations. I assume they stand for RPG Maker Net and RPG Maker Web respectively? I'd love to know where to upload my non-RPG game so that it has a chance of getting a little bit more feedback.
Nick I don't know if anyone ever got back to you, but you can post your game over on RMN, it's not just for RPG games, it's a pretty equal opportunity place, and there are quite a few platformers there, yours will be right at home.

NickMakesGames

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@nhubi, thanks very much for the heads up! I really love how welcoming this community has been so far.

@touchfuzzy, have you by any chance been in touch with the humble judges yet? It's fine if you haven't, but I (and I think many other people) would appreciate an update either way

Cinnamon

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1 week left for September. :D

NickMakesGames

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
and the judges have, frustratingly enough, fallen silent yet again. Perhaps this is a good sign, though? Maybe they've been called back into action to help sort out one final workload before results?
Man, I hope that's the case.

Cinnamon

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty sure the local judges can't do anything either atm. :c

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
and the judges have, frustratingly enough, fallen silent yet again. Perhaps this is a good sign, though? Maybe they've been called back into action to help sort out one final workload before results?

Man, I hope that's the case.
Pretty sure you guys are just trying to get blood out of a stone at this point.  We're pretty much caught up with the local judges.  Just gotta play the waiting game (like everyone else) at this point.

Reactions: zDS

zDS

One That Lives Many Lives
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The wait is painful, but I'm still discovering little hidden gems via the "Check these games out.". I probably wouldn't bother if the contest was over.

NickMakesGames

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In my opinion, the important thing is to know if you or touchfuzzy have emailed the judges yet. The competitors only have a direct line to the degica judges, and communication kind of breaks down if you guys don't relay messages to the higher ups, if possible.

I realize that it's very inconvenient to be positioned in the middle of a two way message chain, so I really wouldn't mind anybody saying "no, I haven't / can't currently speak with the humble judges."

It just feels good to be kept in the loop. It's also important to know that you guys are making an effort to be active in the forum. Even if nobody is making terribly meaningful or productive conversation, it's nice to know that the judges will be around in the event that meaningful discussion does occur

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In my opinion, the important thing is to know if you or touchfuzzy have emailed the judges yet. The competitors only have a direct line to the degica judges, and communication kind of breaks down if you guys don't relay messages to the higher ups, if possible.

I realize that it's very inconvenient to be positioned in the middle of a two way message chain, so I really wouldn't mind anybody saying "no, I haven't / can't currently speak with the humble judges."

It just feels good to be kept in the loop. It's also important to know that you guys are making an effort to be active in the forum. Even if nobody is making terribly meaningful or productive conversation, it's nice to know that the judges will be around in the event that meaningful discussion does occur
Are you looking for a daily update, even if there is nothing? "Nothing today, better luck tomorrow"

In my mind, the judges have been more than vocal of everything that's been going on.  Honestly, I was expecting announcements of extensions, but so far we've heard a lot about the process, where judging is currently at, and where our blocking point is.

They aren't just judges, but they moderate/update forums, blogs, facebook pages, and employed to do other things within Enterbrain/Degica.

I understand the frustration, and my apologies if I'm sounding a bit harsh, but it just seems unreasonable to expect this constant open line of communication when there is literally no update at this point.  Just know that everything is moving the best they can, and when there's a real update, then we can continue from there. Just my two cents.

NickMakesGames

Regular
Regular
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Daily updates would be silly, but it would be nice for the judges to check the forum once a day or so. My most recent question, which I don't believe was either unreasonable or trivial to answer, went unchecked for four straight days. Granted, that's not the most significant wait, but it was a bit jarring after the ease of getting responses within hours of posts.

Maybe I'm just more frustrated about the inconsistency.

catchthefloaty

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Any reason we have to wait untill the 30th? Or are we still waiting on a decision?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Me with the fireplace, a space heater, and a heated blanket. My preferred lizard temperature.

I'm gonna riff on Macross's "Deculture" and adopt "Descope" as my motto! :wub God knows I'm gonna need it...

As an aside, did any of ya sweeties watch Macross Delta and if so, was it good, bad, or horrible?
Is an extension for the jam time limit from 20 min to 30 min possible? :ysad::ysad::ysad: My entry will have a few battles, it seems >.<
Background and composition study
GAbBmfDaIAAEzVM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZOOMNOTA