gamingfamilyman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made an example of what I am looking for and attached it. I love the older style HUDs like what ultima and other early CRPG's had. Being able to see all your goodies without pausing the game. Is there any remotely close plug ins out there? The most important thing to me is the ability to have a border around the entire screen like in the picture. It always gives me a feeling I cant quite put a finger on. Also I love Runescapes classic HUD if anyone knows how I can resize it to full screen but that's getting off topic lol. Thanks for any help yall!

Attachments

• rpg hub example.png
    rpg hub example.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 12

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use SRD's HUD Maker, and it's pretty flexible; you can basically put whatever you want on the screen (a border for instance), although it'll probably take a little setup and trial and error to get where you want to be. I don't know about others, and I can't promise that'll fit your needs, but I can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to make it work off-hand.

Edit: that HUD doesn't have a minimap of any kind built in; you'll almost certainly need a different plugin to include that. Also, the HUD itself isn't something you can interact with in-game, so the save button won't work out of the box, but you can event that part if it's important to have the option available right there.

gamingfamilyman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot! I'm playing around with it now. I got some assets to finish up then I'm going to make a border picture and see how far I can take the plugin before I run out of mental bandwidth.

Pasteleptic

Costan's Sin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I use SRD's HUD Maker, and it's pretty flexible; you can basically put whatever you want on the screen (a border for instance), although it'll probably take a little setup and trial and error to get where you want to be. I don't know about others, and I can't promise that'll fit your needs, but I can't see any reason you wouldn't be able to make it work off-hand.

Edit: that HUD doesn't have a minimap of any kind built in; you'll almost certainly need a different plugin to include that. Also, the HUD itself isn't something you can interact with in-game, so the save button won't work out of the box, but you can event that part if it's important to have the option available right there.
Is SRD still active? I've always been interested in his HUD maker, but it seems abandoned.

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The last update on his website is Nov 2020, so it doesn't look like he's terribly active. The HUD Maker is great but, yeah, if you're expecting updates to it, you might have a long wait ahead of you.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
he is active, but creating that kind of HUD takes time, specially the update,
if he goes on vacation, he cannot work on it, or he works in RL for less time.

@gamingfamilyman a minimap with HUDMaker is possible, but very timeconsuming,
as it need to call a common event (if you want that to the hud in battle?).

if it's on the map, you can event the minimap or use a minimap plugin, which
can than also be called in the hudmaker in battle.

if you have JS knowledge, you can create more powerfull tools like
main menu, inventory, and how certain menu look like.

for basic huds (HP, MP, Exp, etc) require baisc js knowledge.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer