Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The store page only shows one screenshot, and also says some Trinity tiles are the same as MV's.

Do the outdoor tiles all have the square cliffs like MV, or rounded?
Is the art style / colours compatible with FSM?

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Watching.........

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have the MZ version of Trinity, all the Cliff tiles look like MZs with the exception that 1 or 2 tilesets have color changes to them for the cliffs that is.

As far as the other tilesets go, (Inside, Dungeon, Building Tiles and Clutter for Outside) those do have some significant changes to them, since they are themed based. A = Arabian, C = Chinese, D = Dark? F = Steampunk, G = Futuristic, W = Japanese.

Not exactly sure how I would post pics of them, since they're different enough that creating a map and just changing the tileset will mess up buildings do to how they're placed on the tilesets.

Edit: Here's 1 map, aside from the top few boxes, I tried to recreate the image from FSM Town of Beginings with the Arabian themed tileset. Taking a few liberties to show a few more of what it had to offer.

Attachments

• Map013.png
    Map013.png
    311.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I dunno, I find A to be more Egyptian than Arabian, but I guess the main stuff I was looking at was decor on B-type tiles. I rummaged up some screenshots from the actual game version. Somewhat blurry, and whitespace added to make a square because reasons, but it's something.

These are from PlayAsia's page for the Switch version.
rpg-maker-mv-trinity-569165.3.webp

rpg-maker-mv-trinity-569165.4.webp

rpg-maker-mv-trinity-569165.7.webp

None here on the dark stuff, but it's largely medieval-style (dark ages? ha ha?) and does have some stuff unique to it. I did manage to find some adjustments in GIMP to make them not dark. If I want dark, I can screen tint...

I do wish we got the animations that were unique to it though (I did have an opportunity to poke around at a switch version and there are some new ones).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the MZ version of Trinity
Does that mean there's an MZ version and an MV version? Or are you saying MZ as opposed to Switch?

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does that mean there's an MZ version and an MV version? Or are you saying MZ as opposed to Switch?
The MZ version is the MV version, at least according to Steam (It's called RPG Maker MZ - MV Trinity Pack). The reason I stated the Cliffs look the same as MZ's cliffs, is because I do not own MV to be able to make a comparison to those. But I'm nearly 99% positive that it is the exact same content if I were to buy the MV version.

Here's another map, cliff side. I built the map using the A_Tileset, and then changed it to D_Tileset. You can see that D is definitely a dark themed set. Where as A has some plant life unique to that region of the world.

Edit: Do note that the what ever you didn't see change between A_Tileset and D_Tileset, is exactly the same in C_Tileset, F_Tileset, G_Tileset and W_Tileset. Mainly those generic grass, sand, dirt, and cliffs.

Attachments

• Map013.png
    Map013.png
    935.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Map014.png
    Map014.png
    889.1 KB · Views: 25

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. Yeah, those cliffs are square, like the MV ones (no rounded corner with transparency). I was hoping they'd have rounded corners since MZ is now able to do autotiles on higher layers.

Appreciate the image.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.
Dear developers, exp gain scaling (reduced gain when you are over-leveled) suck. Please don't do it. Thank you.
Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript are now updated with their latest episodes, folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suisan