Any recommended version control systems and GUIs for MV and/or MZ?

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm about to start development or more precisely I'm taking over the development of a game with some fanbase and so on. I'm gathering a team at the moment and was searching for a good version control system. I know github a bit but wouldn't want to use it for my game developments because private repositories are paid only and I read at a forum post here about bitbucket and am reading a tutorial from 2016 about it. I don't know if I will ever really exceed the 5 users possible in the free version of bitbucket but that is my biggest concern at the moment.

So does anybody have some recommendations or something?

Thank you in advance ;D

EDIT:
Also what I forgot to mention I saw sourcetree. Does anybody now some nice guis beside sourcetree. I want to make it for people without coding knowledge as easy as possible.

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Github has had free private repositories for a while now.

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ohh. Maybe I should've checked the current info directly at the site out first. XD
Thx. I'll check it out.
Also what I forgot to mention I saw sourcetree. Does anybody now some nice guis beside sourcetree. I want to make it for people without coding knowledge as easy as possible.
Also updated at the original post.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
GitHub's own client used to be pretty good for non-coders, but I think they changed it completely so I don't know if that's still true.

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much hudell.
I'll check it out.

Even if I got some nice answer, I would appreciate if people still send there recommendations and thoughts. Would be happy to read those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idotine