Any recommended version control systems and GUIs for MV and/or MZ?

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm about to start development or more precisely I'm taking over the development of a game with some fanbase and so on. I'm gathering a team at the moment and was searching for a good version control system. I know github a bit but wouldn't want to use it for my game developments because private repositories are paid only and I read at a forum post here about bitbucket and am reading a tutorial from 2016 about it. I don't know if I will ever really exceed the 5 users possible in the free version of bitbucket but that is my biggest concern at the moment.

So does anybody have some recommendations or something?

Thank you in advance ;D

EDIT:
Also what I forgot to mention I saw sourcetree. Does anybody now some nice guis beside sourcetree. I want to make it for people without coding knowledge as easy as possible.

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Github has had free private repositories for a while now.

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ohh. Maybe I should've checked the current info directly at the site out first. XD
Thx. I'll check it out.
Also what I forgot to mention I saw sourcetree. Does anybody now some nice guis beside sourcetree. I want to make it for people without coding knowledge as easy as possible.
Also updated at the original post.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
GitHub's own client used to be pretty good for non-coders, but I think they changed it completely so I don't know if that's still true.

AGiant

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english, german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much hudell.
I'll check it out.

Even if I got some nice answer, I would appreciate if people still send there recommendations and thoughts. Would be happy to read those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vongolavxv