NoInkling

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The editor limits the speed value in the "Show Scrolling Text" command to between 1 and 8. This plugin will allow you to use any value above 0, including decimals, so your scrolling text can be as slow or as fast as you want.

It works by using a plugin command that overrides the speed for the next scrolling text command, ignoring whatever value is specified in the dialog. After that, any subsequent scrolling text command in your event goes back to the normal default behavior of using the dialog speed, so if you have more than one scrolling text command you want to modify the speed for, just use the plugin command before each one.

Version 1.01: The plugin command will no longer persist outside of the event page, just in case you left one floating around without a corresponding "Show Scrolling Text" command.

You can get the script here:

https://gist.github.com/noinkling/7b4d01831a27f4caadd7

Screenshot of usage:

L2u3BAf.png

In case anyone is wondering: fast-forward is relative to this speed (it's triple I think), so it will always be faster.

"Permission stuff"

Do whatever you want with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:
I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.
mercba30 wrote on Jesse - PVGames's profile.
How do I get the new version of the character creator? Thank you in advance!

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!
Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlintheToilet