Not open for further replies.

jaggernaut25

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have the official modern tile pack and it's chock full of great stuff. Mapping indoors comes fairly easily to me (I think) and outdoors in fantasy or non-modern settings isn't much of an issue either. As funny as it seems, I am just seriously struggling with mapping modern outdoor areas. Things like actual city streets, the outsides of buildings, etc is very difficult to me. Particularly when it comes to choosing the right building walls, roofs and constructing an attractive layout.

Does anyone have any basic tutorials for strategies of creating an outdoor modern city map? Thank you in advance.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support (RGSS3 Scripts? Really?). Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

There ARE some mapping tutorials around. Have you searched for them? There's also a mapping helpdesk, where you can ask specific questions, and the game and map screenshots thread, where you can post your maps for feedback and suggestions for improvement.

jaggernaut25

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to VX Ace Support (RGSS3 Scripts? Really?). Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

There ARE some mapping tutorials around. Have you searched for them? There's also a mapping helpdesk, where you can ask specific questions, and the game and map screenshots thread, where you can post your maps for feedback and suggestions for improvement.
I don't have any idea how this ended up in a script thread :/ I specifically remember clicking into VX Ace support... :( sorry for that, I'm not sure what happened.

I have looked and found lots of very helpful mapping tutorials for maps in general or for fantasy-type areas, but none for modern outdoor cities specifically. I may be looking in the wrong places, however. I am aware of the screenshot thread, but I do not have anything worth sharing yet, which is why I was curious to know if anyone could share any tips.

Thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you go to the product page for the resource pack, there should be a few maps made with it that can give you a FEW ideas. Also, there might be some maps in the Game & Map Screenshots Thread that use that tileset - it'd take a bit of looking through to find them though.

jaggernaut25

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you go to the product page for the resource pack, there should be a few maps made with it that can give you a FEW ideas. Also, there might be some maps in the Game & Map Screenshots Thread that use that tileset - it'd take a bit of looking through to find them though.
Hmm, good point. I found a few modern examples just from googling and looking on that product page. I will skim through the screenshot thread a bit as well. Maybe someone can give some specific advice that has a lot of experience using modern-themed tiles.

Thank you for those suggestions!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest to cook something up, post it in the screenshot thread, and adjust based on feedback.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unnamed_image.jpg
SOMEONE'S SINGLE! HE DOES LIKE LONG WALKS IN THE IN THE SHADOWS AND THE SMELL OF DECAY. SADLY, HE HAS NO NUMBER TO NOTE OF BECAUSE HE HAS NO USE FOR A PHONE, BECUASE SUMMONING WORKS MUCH BETTER AND DOES NOT COME WITH AN ITEMISED BILL. REMEMBER TO TREAT HIM GOOD ON THE FIRST DATE!
I just found out that MZ regional price on Steam in my place is much cheaper than MV.
Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuddhaXD