Any way to make the shadow pen easier to use?

kaitoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or is there a better alternative to shading? This might be a stupidly simple thing to ask but google has yielded me no results!

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I honestly just don't use shadows. I mean I do plan to experiment with shading when I experiment with Parallax mapping later, but I don't really care for the default shadowing so I simply remove it.

As long as things are consistent I feel this doesn't really bother people.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never, ever use the shadow pen. It is, imo, ugly - too dark, too blocky, often too thin. I use shadows of differing widths to reflect higher/lower walls & cliffs on a B-E tile sheet. There is, I think, a plugin for MV which will turn it off so that you don't have to manually remove it. I don't use MV so I can't link you to it.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I never, ever use the shadow pen. It is, imo, ugly - too dark, too blocky, often too thin. I use shadows of differing widths to reflect higher/lower walls & cliffs on a B-E tile sheet. There is, I think, a plugin for MV which will turn it off so that you don't have to manually remove it. I don't use MV so I can't link you to it.
there is this Yanfly one, but you have to pay for it: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Disable_Auto_Shadow_Extended_(YEP)

kaitoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, thanks. Sucks that you have to pay but most games don't really use dramatic shadows now that I think about it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone