Any way to make the shadow pen easier to use?

kaitoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or is there a better alternative to shading? This might be a stupidly simple thing to ask but google has yielded me no results!

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I honestly just don't use shadows. I mean I do plan to experiment with shading when I experiment with Parallax mapping later, but I don't really care for the default shadowing so I simply remove it.

As long as things are consistent I feel this doesn't really bother people.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never, ever use the shadow pen. It is, imo, ugly - too dark, too blocky, often too thin. I use shadows of differing widths to reflect higher/lower walls & cliffs on a B-E tile sheet. There is, I think, a plugin for MV which will turn it off so that you don't have to manually remove it. I don't use MV so I can't link you to it.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I never, ever use the shadow pen. It is, imo, ugly - too dark, too blocky, often too thin. I use shadows of differing widths to reflect higher/lower walls & cliffs on a B-E tile sheet. There is, I think, a plugin for MV which will turn it off so that you don't have to manually remove it. I don't use MV so I can't link you to it.
there is this Yanfly one, but you have to pay for it: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Disable_Auto_Shadow_Extended_(YEP)

kaitoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, thanks. Sucks that you have to pay but most games don't really use dramatic shadows now that I think about it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I forgot that forums have profile walls that you can post or comment on, guess I found a new platform to specifically rant about game-related deranged thought or problems that I have. Salut mes amis!
I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3hunnaz