Any way to make the shadow pen easier to use?

kaitoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or is there a better alternative to shading? This might be a stupidly simple thing to ask but google has yielded me no results!

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I honestly just don't use shadows. I mean I do plan to experiment with shading when I experiment with Parallax mapping later, but I don't really care for the default shadowing so I simply remove it.

As long as things are consistent I feel this doesn't really bother people.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never, ever use the shadow pen. It is, imo, ugly - too dark, too blocky, often too thin. I use shadows of differing widths to reflect higher/lower walls & cliffs on a B-E tile sheet. There is, I think, a plugin for MV which will turn it off so that you don't have to manually remove it. I don't use MV so I can't link you to it.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I never, ever use the shadow pen. It is, imo, ugly - too dark, too blocky, often too thin. I use shadows of differing widths to reflect higher/lower walls & cliffs on a B-E tile sheet. There is, I think, a plugin for MV which will turn it off so that you don't have to manually remove it. I don't use MV so I can't link you to it.
there is this Yanfly one, but you have to pay for it: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Disable_Auto_Shadow_Extended_(YEP)

kaitoes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, thanks. Sucks that you have to pay but most games don't really use dramatic shadows now that I think about it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adultcart1