Not open for further replies.

Felix Trapper

old fogey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Am I missing something or don't you need a way to have pictures scroll with the map instead of just staying static relative to screen coordinates?

Is there a way to parallax map in MV right now or does it require someone to make a plugin for image manipulation?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There would need to be a plugin written

Baka-chan

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
There's a build-in parallax lock: Just add a ! infront of the parallax image name.

Felix Trapper

old fogey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a build-in parallax lock: Just add a ! infront of the parallax image name.
Yeah, I know about that, but I'm talking about being able to add the upper layer that appears over the hero.

Baka-chan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Ah so you mean Overlay mapping. Use the Foreground.js from the KadokawaPlugins package. And don't forget to do the same thing with the ! so it is fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

nightwalker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
There's a plugin for parallax mapping called TDDP_BindPictureToMap.
Have fun.

Felix Trapper

old fogey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That worked perfectly, thank you!

Galenmereth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My TDDP_BindPicturesToMap plugin will also let you parallax map using multiple layers, if that's a requirement. The topic for the plugin hasn't been accepted yet, but look in your dlc folder for it :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My TDDP_BindPicturesToMap plugin will also let you parallax map using multiple layers, if that's a requirement. The topic for the plugin hasn't been accepted yet, but look in your dlc folder for it :)
I don't see this plugin in my DLC O,o

EDIT: Nevermind... apparently I forgot to click the RMWeb plugins download..!

DOUBLE EDIT: So I'm kind of confused as to how to make this work. Not the plugin, that's quite simple, but getting the resolution of the image right. I have a tiny map (20x20) and I used the MV "Save map as image" thing, and then tinkered with it in Photoshop, and then put an ! in front of its filename and threw that in the Parallax folder, but when I select "View in editor" the paralax is 1/4th the size, and looped 4 times on the screen. What am I doing wrong there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The save map as image saves it to half the size.  You need to resize it to 200% and save it.

We've asked that they change it so it saves as full size - hopefully they'll be able to do that and give us a new build.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The save map as image saves it to half the size.  You need to resize it to 200% and save it.

We've asked that they change it so it saves as full size - hopefully they'll be able to do that and give us a new build.
Ah, I see.... Not sure I understand the reasoning behind that choice, but thanks for the heads-up!

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi, can someone give me an example how to use the BindPicturesToMap Script?

I tried ... BindPictureToMap 5... in an parallel event and put my parallax 5.png into the picture folder.

Sadly didnt worked that way :D

Baka-chan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi, can someone give me an example how to use the BindPicturesToMap Script?

I tried ... BindPictureToMap 5... in an parallel event and put my parallax 5.png into the picture folder.

Sadly didnt worked that way :D
You have to use show picture first, give that picture a number and then use that number after BindPictureToMap.

Jordyce

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The TDDP_BindPicturesToMap plugin worked perfectly for me. Make sure to have no looping turned on (unless you want it) and it's 1:1. You can use the picture as a parallax background for placing boundaries and events but turn it off later when it isn't necessary. Works better than the inbuilt ! parallax lock I've found.

Nomi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Yay...now the test works! Thanks a lot :)

Couldnt live without Parallax :D

Gauze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
N/A
I still have this problem, i dont know how to fix it can someone please help?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still have this problem, i dont know how to fix it can someone please help?
Gauze, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please make a new topic for your problem, with explanations and screenshots of your settings, especially linking to the plugin you use for overlays and so on.

Closing this as the OP appears to have solved his problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr