Any way to port games containing node.js scripts to android?

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Title says it all. Anyone knows a method to export games made in MZ or MV that include node.js scripts to android? Majority of the methods I've seen are basically mini browsers that load your game, but browsers have no support for all th extra stuff node.js has, thus my game won't run

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can try building it with Android JS. You will need some minimal programming knowledge.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can try building it with Android JS. You will need some minimal programming knowledge.
Worked on that for a while... then noticed that ALL nodejs code needs to be within a single index.js file. Is there any alternative?

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry, I haven't used it too much. But you should be able to replicate how nwjs does it (look at the index.html of a MV project for example)

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, I haven't used it too much. But you should be able to replicate how nwjs does it (look at the index.html of a MV project for example)
it would be possible... but would require such a huge amount of work, and maybe for me to have 2 sepparate files for a mobile and a desktop version of my game, considering how I make use of node-specific code in many parts of it.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anyone knows of a good way?

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
anyone knows of a good way?

NodeJS's scripts don't work on mobile or at least not in a way where it's easy to do.
You could use a framework that bridges the mobile code with the frontend, like Cordova (cordova.apache.org) or capacitor (capacitorjs.com) does. I would recommend you to start with Capacitor, since it's easier to write a plugin using that. I haven't tried with Android but writing a plugin for iOS it's a breeze in comparison to Cordova by a lot.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IntoTheDrink