Any way to put 5% map zoom on rpg maker MV ? Not in the game, i want in the game creation, which only goes to 10%

hikikomaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
????????????????????????????????

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seeing as plugins can only change the game when playing, and not the engine, no.

But what do you mean 5% and it only goes to 10%? On the map itself or the entire UI? You mean DOWN to only 5% of normal zoom? Or increase BY 5%?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're talking about the map zoom in the editor, then why would you want to do that?
Putting the map at 10% makes it too small to work with, and there is no other use for such a small map in the editor.

hikikomaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a video to explain it better. Only 55 seconds.

hikikomaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[MOVE]MV Support[/MOVE]
I want more information about it.

I have a new thing to ask, where should i ask?
I want to ask about the RPG Maker MV DLCs that i can buy on steam.
I have RMMV and the RMMV Tools from steam and right now (today) i want to buy more DLCs, but i do not know if i should do that.
I want to make a game (to sell) but i do not know if i can buy any DLC i want and just go and use it in my game.
Some DLCs say that i need to do this and that and i dont want to be a prisoner.
If i buy only DLCs from KADOKAWA can i use them as i want on my game?

Some of them :

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) no plugin ever can change the editor, and that is a request that few people would be interested in, so it's highly questionable if Degica would add that feature to the editor.
If the circle is simple enough you might have better chances of someone writing a quick program to create the json file for the map directly with mathematics

2) you'll need to organize your resources, no matter what else you do.
Whenever you want to use a resource (no matter if paid DLC or downloaded from the internet), you need to credit the artist as well as follow the licence given.

If you want to restrict yourself to the RTP because that organization is too much for you, then it is very unlikely that your game will ever be commercially successfull - there is too much bad memory of bad RM-games around for you to have any chance of commercial success with a pure RTP game.

you if you want to sell your game with anything of reasonable (and that means very low) sales, you'll have to learn how to read and follow the different licences for the different resources, including how to remember what you got with which requirements.

hikikomaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
BR Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"1) no plugin ever can change the editor, and that is a request that few people would be interested in, so it's highly questionable if Degica would add that feature to the editor."

isnt it something easy to do? if they can transform 100% to 10% why they can not change it to 5%?

"If the circle is simple enough you might have better chances of someone writing a quick program to create the json file for the map directly with mathematics"

but even if someone do that for me, i will not be able to see the full map on the editor, right ?

"2) you'll need to organize your resources, no matter what else you do."

what does this mean? put things in the right place?

"Whenever you want to use a resource (no matter if paid DLC or downloaded from the internet), you need to credit the artist as well as follow the licence given."

even from the RMMV creator? (kadokawa/degica/whatever?)
do i need to credit kadokawa because i use RMMV tools?
what if i dont know the artist or the license?

"If you want to restrict yourself to the RTP because that organization is too much for you, then it is very unlikely that your game will ever be commercially successfull - there is too much bad memory of bad RM-games around for you to have any chance of commercial success with a pure RTP game."

if its just put things in the right place i can do it, the main problem is that i know nothing about credits, licenses, laws, that stuff. oh, i am brazilian.
i dont know exactly what is RTP, but i was planning mix RTP with 3d models, like pokemon does, what do you think?

"you if you want to sell your game with anything of reasonable (and that means very low) sales, you'll have to learn how to read and follow the different licences for the different resources, including how to remember what you got with which requirements. "

where can i search/study all that stuff?
is it better if i do everything myself, so i dont need to worry about that stuff?
which is easier? use a lot of DLC or use the minimum of DLC and work a lot on 3d models?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
isnt it something easy to do? if they can transform 100% to 10% why they can not change it to 5%?
Even if Degica were the programmer (which they are not), that would still require them to go through the entire process of testing if the change creates other problems, approval for the new versionfrom steam, and a few more steps. And it is known that the real programmer (who sits in japan and works for Kadokawa, not Degica) is resistant to changes that he didn't like.
Updating a program on a professional scale is not as easy as changing a number...
even from the RMMV creator? (kadokawa/degica/whatever?)
do i need to credit kadokawa because i use RMMV tools?
what if i dont know the artist or the license?
yes, it is especially stated in the EULA that you need to do that - although it is simplyfied because you only need to include a text file with your program.

And if you don't know the artist or the licence then you can't use the resource - which is why you should always read the EULA (which usually contains the licence).
And that is why I said you need to organize your resources - that not only means to keep them in the correct place, but always keep them together with text files that tell you of their licences and where you got them and so on. It's that documentation that is important, and while it is up to you how to document that, you need to keep that documentation to tell you what you need to know when using those resources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#

Forum statistics

Threads
Members