Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Maybe you should post some ideas about what sort of minigames you'd like, or a bit about your game. At least do some of the work instead of leaving it all up to others. You should TRY to use minigames that fit with the rest of your game, not just bung them in there for the sake of having them, or they'll just look tacked on.

Have you actually searched for scripts? I know there are a number out there that aren't hard to find. You can also make minigames with events - you don't have to resort to scripts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are several minigame scripts done by different people, but we can't tell you which one to use if we know nothing of your game.

Please go to the master script list, there should be about a dozen minigames listed there (unfortunately scattered among the almost thousand scripts there, you'll have to search for them).

http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

Nosidag

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks @ Can much appreciated. I thought this was a site where NEW people could ask ANY question, about RPG Maker..according to Shaz I was wrong lol.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought this was a site where NEW people could ask ANY question, about RPG Maker..according to Shaz I was wrong lol.
No, you were not wrong - but you're missing a point.

All people helping here on the site do this in our free time, without being paid for this - which basically means that it's always a question on wether we use our free time to work on our own games, or to work on someone else's game. And if you look through the forums, you realise that a lot of people do a lot of free work to help others, especially with requests for artwork or requests for scripts.

That said, we like it if a new user tries to search for an answer that might have been given here before, to prevent us from wasting time to answer the same questions multiple times.

And in the resource/script request forums (where people spent hours to make the artwork or scripts for others for free), we like the requester to give good descriptions of what he wants, also to prevent wasting time - because if the artist has to search two hours on the internet to find the reference mentioned by the requester (instead of the requester taking thirty seconds to link to the site he knows), then that is wasted time.

And this goes double when you consider that making a game takes weeks and months of work - taking five minutes to search for something or write up a better description that will help speed things up for both the requester and the helper should not be too much to ask.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't say don't ask. I said try and find some yourself first, and if you can't, give more of a description of what you're after. I could probably spend half an hour of my valuable time finding ideas for a few dozen mini games, then another hour or two searching for scripts for them - as could anyone else here. But you could also spend the same time doing the same thing, and since it is your game, you wouldn't be guessing whether they'd be appropriate or not.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nigher