Anyone a Translated Asian Light Novel reader here?

pandadodod

Wannabe of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyone here reads light novels? Japanese, Korean, or Chinese WN/LN counts :)
If so, what is/are your favorite?
Mine would be http://www.novelupdates.com/series/genjitsushugi-yuusha-no-oukoku-saikenki/
It's a Japanese Webnovel about a hero summoned into another world...
But instead of agreeing to fighting the demon king, he proposed to develop the country that summoned him in terms of politics, technology, education, etc.

How does it influence your Game Mak?
The tropes presented in LNs are very similar to what JRPG tropes are. However, sometimes these tropes are reversed. For me, reading this kind of novels inspires me to somewhat plan to make some unique concepts(in my POV) kind of RPGs. For instance, Kingdom building, Being reincarnated, etc.

I highly recommend to everyone to read light novels as they are a great source of concepts. However, most fan translations are ..ehem..bad( grammar being the case) and most of these novels have not so heavy plots, pacing, etc.

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Quite fond of the Dirty Pair light novels. However, those two girls, whether the light novel, the anime versions or the Adam Warren US manga versions are not... particularly well-suited for inspiring my own work. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hmm... Game has 91 views, 25 downloads, 5 reviews and netted me 7 additional followers. Meanwhile the image I posted just yesterday on Imgur to showcase it has 45,197 views. Interesting, I think I have a new advertising idea. Also Twitter? The post got 16 retweets, 20 likes, and 1,683 views.... And a whole 3 hits to my game, completely valueless. I am glad I did this game jam, this information is quite valuable.
We're playing another Touch the Stars game jam entry, come join us! :D
Ok is telling someone that their drawing isnt good rude
I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tasty_Fruit