Anyone as excited as I am!

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by JumpingGinger, Mar 13, 2012.

1. JumpingGinger

JumpingGinger Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I won't be able to sleep tonight because I'll be so excited, it really does suck I have to wait a whole day! :( I wish you Americans would come to our aussie time for the next few days so I get it on the 14th! XD

2. WizzyT

WizzyT Slayer of Fades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I too am incredibly excited for the Ace release, its been a while since I used the series so me and a friend are really looking forward to getting to start work on our project (Been planning for 3/4 weeks).

3. JumpingGinger

First Language:
    English
    I'm happy to help with the story? I have some pretty crazy ideas I want to get off my chest, and you're welcome to say you don't want to add them. I just want to work as a team with someone :)

4. GemFall

GemFall Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm not quite ready to do the programming for my main project, but I am definitely looking forward to playing with the software! Just figuring things out. I think that's part of the fun for me. :)

5. Brainshack

Brainshack Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    I just got into the whole RPGM thingy and have been playing arround with the VX Trial and i definetly want to get started with my first real project, once i got my Ace.

I've been sitting on a concept now for about 2 weeks in my spare time and watched loads of tutorial. I hopefully will be able to find some good stuff about scripting aswell....

6. Mikoto

Mikoto Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I can't wait to try VX Ace aswell. It will be the first RPG Maker game i play and i can't just wait to make my first game. Probably will take me a while to complete it though as i want to make it a long game.

7. Nathanial

Nathanial Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    We're not that far away! You guys get it a whole day before everybody else :D

Trust me, I've played with the program a lot for the past month, and it truly is a great new engine. :)

ei8htbit likes this.
  8. WizzyT

WizzyT Slayer of Fades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'll keep you informed :) .

Honestly from what ive seen the excitement is building rapidly, Ill have to wait until I get home on Thursday night though before trying it :( .

9. Kitsune Zeta

Kitsune Zeta Resident Fox Member

First Language:
    English (US)
    One more day... One more day until I start playing with it.

I plan to actually start work on my project in VXA on Thursday.

JumpingGinger likes this.
  10. KevinOmeGa

KevinOmeGa Warper Member

First Language:
    The English
    I really can't wait, I bought the Japanese copy so I could design the maps ready, obviously not all of them but get a big head start on them...

Wishing it was installing now whilst I make a cup of Tea :D

11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wish I had more time to play with it. So far I've found it incredibly flexible and powerful, but getting used to the VX/Ace way of mapping, when I've been spoiled by XP for so long, makes it a slow learning process - and lots of mistakes. Still, every time I learn how to do something new, or figure out how to avoid an issue, it's a little achievement ... slow and steady, but I'll get there :)

ei8htbit and Des like this.
  12. JumpingGinger

First Language:
    English
    Wait we get it a day early? Are you serious? :o I figured we get in when the Americans get it! If you're correct that means I get it in 2 hours and 10 minutes!!! OMGOMG! You're staff >_< so please don't tell me you got my hopes up or I may crawl in a corner and cry.

13. Domin0e

Domin0e Like a leaf in the wind Member

First Language:
    German
    I think what Nathaniel meant was those, who preordered (us) get it one day early. IIRC that still means March 14th in America. But i'd like to see a Mail pop up in my mailaccount in approx. eleven hours, too. :p

14. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think he means it'll still be the 14th (US time) when we get it, which will be the 15th for us Aussies. However, that also means it won't be released to the general public until the 16th, our time, so we still get it a day before everyone else :)

I believe the US has also just started daylight savings, so there's one hour less to wait, if it's any consolation ;)

15. JumpingGinger

First Language:
    English
    :o 1 hour is still 1 hour less that I have to wait! :D Thanks for the info!

16. deilin

deilin Ranger/Elementalist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Step 1) download

Step 2) open and look at maker

Step 3) study the scripts

Step 4) apply the chaos I call scripts

Step 5) make demo scene to test script and pray it doesn't crash

Step 6) if step 5 = true make game else jump to lable rewrite script

ei8htbit likes this.
  17. Dueces

Dueces Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Today might possiblely be the longest day of my life. I so hope i dont have to work tomorrow morning just so i can play with ace all night and start and my first project. Only did the demo section of my last project.

18. jgkitarel

jgkitarel Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Indeed I am excited. Unfortunately, I have work tonight, so while I may be able to download this early, I probably won't get to playing around with it until the late afternoon at the earliest.

19. Klandaghi

Klandaghi Resident Werecat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm looking forward to getting back into the RPGM series. I haven't played with it since 2K/2K3. First steps:

def acceptable.standard {Desired side view battle system}

side_view_battlers == code.attempt {program an attempt via Ruby 1.9.2-p0 after learning it}

post.delin(code.attempt)

if code.attempt = acceptable.standard {

develop.game(code.attempt)

}

And I'll stop pretending I know what I'm doing and wait till there are some scripting tutorials up.

I've downloaded a lot of Examples from Yanfly, though I'm not sure these will all work. Look

forward to testing them and seeing how well they work. In playing with the Trial, I've found that

I love the generator, though I'll need to make the peices that I want to mix and match. It's awesome

that you can provide peices that are layed out in the right locations as though they were seperate

transparancies to the same art project and then let the Generator assemble them for you. Make

your peices, then have unlimited combination possabilities. :lol:

20. JumpingGinger

First Language:
    English
    I'm excited about the generator too!!! That'll be just amazing, I hope people will supply resources for the generator, so you can make even more awesome characters without being a crazy artist! ^_^