Anyone as excited as I am!

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by JumpingGinger, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Aaaaand I moved it to the general lounge, since it's not game-design specific :lol:

*staff volleyball*

Anyway, to keep on topic ... Yes, I'm very excited! I managed to shuffle finances around and pre-ordered for the discount and lovely bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  2. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh yeah I'm stoked for this tomorrow I don't think I'll be able to sleep.

3. Panda

Panda Level 15 Fluffy Bear Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Today seemed to be longer than usual.

I've been using RPGM since XP when I was young, and Ace looks incredible. :D

4. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm definitely excited, but in a way I'm blessed with a curse. I have to have back surgery done on March 23 and I'll be on FMLA from my job for about 6 weeks. While I'm sure I'll be in pain and will have to wear a neck brace during this time, I'm determined not to let it interfere with my enjoyment of VXA. I mean, 6 weeks of no work, spouse out of the house to work, my 2 year in daycare? It's almost like a wish come true, minus the back surgery, doctor/insurance bills, and prescribed drugs of course...

Okay, the prescribed drugs can stay.

Frondo and Domin0e like this.
  5. Ichi

Ichi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hope your surgury goes good so you can get plenty of VXA time in :) Man, minus the back surgury that sounds like a dream come true!

I am really excited to get my grubby hands on VXA. I don't know much about the rpg maker DS graphics so I really want to comb through those. I have been working on my documentation for my project for weeks, and it has seen a lot of revisions already, tonight is going to be a long one... do we know what the ETA is on the download availablity? Also, hope the servers don't get bombarded :o

6. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Lucky for me (or is it unlucky), I'll be busy with work and doctor appts tomorrow, so won't have a chance to dl until later in the afternoon. Hopefully the servers won't be as jammed by then.

7. Dueces

Dueces Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Eight hours and counting. (if it releases at midnight my time ofcourse)

8. Klandaghi

Klandaghi Resident Werecat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    From what I saw of the Trial, yes. Though I was also forcing things in the way that I wanted them. I'm not sure if the generator will just pick up on there being more files, though I would suspect some sort of config file, or TOC file that would tell it what images to map to which sections of the generator so you could randomize. Simply renaming the files in the folder that was being searched produced the right results to have my images in there. You still need good skills as an artist, but you can release Mouth files and Nose Files, etc. The other thing that becomes important is facing. If people make different head shapes for different facings that will cause you to need to keep track of what you are working with. or their eyes will not be on properly and you will have a person with their face on the left side... :p

9. Minavi

Minavi Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thanks for clearing that up. Just to confirm again, as I browsed a bit further through the blogs I saw that you could indeed add your own components. "Another cool feature of the character generator is that if you follow the correct naming scheme, you can add your own component pieces!"

Source: http://blog.rpgmaker...cter-generator/

10. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yep, you can add them, I'll put up the naming scheme to make pieces match up a bit after launch, as soon as I have time to do anything other than run around like crazy validating people. :p (I'll probably put it on the blog.)

starcrescendo likes this.
  11. pokeytrev

pokeytrev Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Some of you keep talking about documentation that you have ready. What do you mean by documentation?

12. Super Galaxy Convoy

Super Galaxy Convoy Supreme Commander Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Now, I'll be able to use a both the default tileset and the Japanese Tileset at the same time without having to use a tileswap tool/script. Can't wait to see all the other features that this program will have to offer.

13. starcrescendo

starcrescendo Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    English
  14. Mikeytikes

Mikeytikes Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm sooooo excited I might burst! Does anybody actually know what time folks who pre-ordered can expect their download links in their inbox? and what time zone that release time is in? :)

15. Rexxon

Rexxon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It is going to be a long, LONG night for me. Sadly, I have to work tomorrow, so I will not get to play on this until after I get home. Even sadder, I'm going to be getting far less sleep than usual because of this. It looks to be a fair tradeoff though.

16. jaypee

jaypee hobbyist Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I believe they're going to release the english version on our eastern standard time... its 8:05 here currently cheers!

17. Ichi

Ichi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I think this topic here would be worth looking over, relating to documention specifically #4 and #5 on the list:

18. Mitchell

Mitchell Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    Barring any technical issues, we're hoping to drop ace to all the people who pre-ordered at 12:01 AM (EST) on the 14th.

Ichi likes this.
  19. Klandaghi

Klandaghi Resident Werecat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    w00t!! In playing with the Eng Trans Trial I ran into issues figuring out how to rename the head.png in the mini folder so I could select them as desired. Everything else felt common sense and worked awesomely. I was going to post my findings, but I wouldn't want to steal your thunder :) I hope to develop some video tutorials as I learn things. =^_^= CAN'T WAIT!!! 10:01 pm my time can't come soon enough!

20. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can post whatever you like, to be honest, you might know more about it than I do. (I know vaguely how it works from some of the beta testers telling me, I haven't actually tried it myself.