Anyone else a little over whelmed with the amount of plugins we got?

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't even know where to begin. I watched all the plugin spotlight videos and really, the biggest thing I remember is needing a lot of CORE plugins.

Can someone make a list or screenshot of what the plugin manager will be like, order and such, with at least all of the core and required plugins installed to allow use of any of the other plugins?

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I gotta admit, it is somewhat intimidating just to look at all of it.

Probably the best thing to do is to just gather up a big library of scripts, and then pick the ones you need for the project at hand.

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm overwhelmed with them, and don't really want to use a lot of them, although there are a few nuggets I'd like to have in my game... Shame I don't remember which ones they're in...  Shame there's no decent documentation... SHame it's a lot of manual copying & pasting...

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm overwhelmed with them, and don't really want to use a lot of them, although there are a few nuggets I'd like to have in my game... Shame I don't remember which ones they're in...  Shame there's no decent documentation... SHame it's a lot of manual copying & pasting...
Just add everything to the NewData folder and you will never have to place them in your projects again. all new projects will be created with all the content

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I gotta admit, it is somewhat intimidating just to look at all of it.

Probably the best thing to do is to just gather up a big library of scripts, and then pick the ones you need for the project at hand.
I want to experiment and get to know all of them. my main issue is knowing exactly what all the core/required pluggins are and what order to have them in. after that I'll experiment with each plugin on it's own!

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just add everything to the NewData folder and you will never have to place them in your projects again. all new projects will be created with all the content
And all your games are exponentially bigger than they need to be with lots of unnecessary and unused stuff.  Not an appropriate solution.

Chaz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I haven't been too overwhelmed by the new scripts, though that was in part because I watched through the various plugin showcase videos on the RPG Maker Channel and decided from there what I'd likely want to use for my adventure!

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And all your games are exponentially bigger than they need to be with lots of unnecessary and unused stuff.  Not an appropriate solution.
it's a good idea while constantly creating new projects to experiment with everything. once you know what you like you can always trim the newdata folder

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
None of the plugins is really needed, you can make games without them.

They just add a lot of functions that can improve gameplay if used correctly.

If you think that a tiny group of less than a hundred plugins to check and choose from is a problem, then you should never check out the Ace Master Script List. After four years of game development the community had written over 1000 scripts to select from (up to 4-5 different scripts for the more popular functions like crafting).

That is why we always say that you don't NEED any scripts (or plugins) and only add those who really add to your game experience (and not just bloat it).

Or as I say: A titanic list of features is the best way to go Titanic (to the bottom of the ocean) with your game project...

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it's a good idea while constantly creating new projects to experiment with everything. once you know what you like you can always trim the newdata folder
I disagree, for me... I'm not an experimenter by nature.  I'd much rather have a list of what these plugins offer, so I can pick & choose instead of using trial & error.

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you're referring to mine, the best way to lay them out would be in the order shown here:

http://yanfly.moe/yep/

from top to bottom.❤
Thanks for that! what about all of the other core plugins? are there any others? I just want to get all of the cores setup first before moving on. thanks again!

Hoppy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I looked at those plugins and was like oh dear god, I wouldn't add 40-50 plugins anyway, it could cause all sorts of problems.

wizaerd

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

If you think that a tiny group of less than a hundred plugins to check and choose from is a problem, then you should never check out the Ace Master Script List. After four years of game development the community had written over 1000 scripts to select from (up to 4-5 different scripts for the more popular functions like crafting).

That is why we always say that you don't NEED any scripts (or plugins) and only add those who really add to your game experience (and not just bloat it).

Or as I say: A titanic list of features is the best way to go Titanic (to the bottom of the ocean) with your game project...
I don't.  If I need something I search for it specifically, I do not just browse any massive list. I only want what I want, not a bunch of other stuff that'll just bloat my game, and make it more complex than I want it to be.

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

oh yeah, I know that for sure. scripts were my fav part about ACE but I was never given a pack of 50 scripts with little instructions on install order. each script on that list has specific instructions. (as in as I got scripts from the master list, I got them one at a time).

yanfly helped a lot with their list but I'm still wondering about the rest

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That doesn't work for me. At least, definitely not with music files. I have to place them manually into the project folder.

EDIT: Also, the translations on the help files made by what I presume are japanese scripters................i'm not gonna make a Zero Wing reference, but the grammar makes it a bit hard to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:

SOC

"God is my Judge"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't feel overwhelmed at all, I'm super happy and excited for them! Although I do wish you could move them easier in the plugin manager.

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That doesn't work for me. At least, definitely not with music files. I have to place them manually into the project folder.

EDIT: Also, the translations on the help files made by what I presume are japanese scripters................i'm not gonna make a Zero Wing reference, but the grammar makes it a bit hard to figure out.
some of my plugins are still in japanese with no translation it seems

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bernkastel, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to quote and respond to multiple people at once, there's a MultiQuote button you can use for that.

I think it's best to work out what you NEED to have in your game, then decide what plugins are necessary, and what cores they require, rather than just adding everything. The more you add that you really don't need, the more likely you are to run into compatibility issues.

Going to move this to JS Support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amipepper