Anyone else having random crashes?

Omnilore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I used the trial for MV first and it never once crashed, but now I have the weekend off and I buy the full version with the Steam sale and now it randomly crashes. Never at first, but always after a few minutes into a project. I've searched other topics about this and saw fixes from 2015. All my drivers are up to date and I know my rig can handle the software as I have 8gigs of ram and a 4gig video card. I can run Black Desert just fine, so RPG Maker shouldn't be having any issues. It's quite frustrating because nothing I have tried has worked and I cleared my schedule for this weekend so I could work on my game. Is any one else having a similar issue? I made sure all my drivers are up to date and I copied and pasted the Opengl.dll file into my Steam folder as previous posters have done, but still no change. Has any one with a similar issue found a way to make the software run properly?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has to be something on your computer, because there is no randomness in a PC (everything has a reason on a computer) and most people have no problem with crashes (you would have found many current reports instead of the old ones from 2015 if there were still a general problem in the program).

So now we have to search for the cause on your computer.

Can you give a better description of "crash"? Do you get an error message? is it a crash to desktop or does the game freeze? Is it only the editor or does the same problem happen if you play the game without the editor (using firefox or so)?

Which anti-virus or anti-malware programs are you using? Have you checked their logs if they blocked the RM?

Because that has been known to happen several times: that the antivirus made a false-positive on the editor and shut down the "virus". It has to do with the way of the heuristic searches and the fact that RM uses browser technologies but isn't on the internet directly.

BozeGame

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
Mine is running properly.How can it crash? What did it say right after the crash (stop working , etc). If you are AFK, is It still crashes? 

Try verify integrity of application cache (Go to Library > Software > RPG Maker MV > rightclick and select properties > Local Files >  verify integrity of application cache)

otherwise, Reinstall it

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap