T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i was sitting here tonight, and thought, i have never seen a animated grass, water yeah, though never grass, so i made one lol,
though i made it in about 10 min, and its not usable yet, i think it is working, and if i put some effort into it, it should work quite well as a base grass texture, more so for long grass,

BTW im not sharing this, as of yet, i dont think its worth sharing tbh, this version is only a test to see if i could make it work, and i just want to know what people think about it
sorry if i have the wrong forum, though this does seem to be the best fit,
turns out the Gif is too big, so i uploaded it to my deviantart storage, link below,
deoi471-51024d79-8917-4e23-8e08-a80f12ba51a3.gif

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not grass, but I've often thought it'd be really nice to have an animated wheat field with the heads blowing in the breeze. Long grass would be nice, and some of the tiles on the B-E sheets that have long grasses and similar.

T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not grass, but I've often thought it'd be really nice to have an animated wheat field with the heads blowing in the breeze. Long grass would be nice, and some of the tiles on the B-E sheets that have long grasses and similar.
well this is now on my to do list XD lol, given idk if anyone else would use the art i do as tiles as i will be drawing them out by hand, given though when they pixelate i dont think anyone will know the difference,

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took me a moment to figure out what exactly I was looking at, as the first thing that caught my eye in the OP was the water texture and the character's hair freaking out.

Turns out it's a gif of your screen that's been sped up to showcase that the grass is gently swaying in a very subtle, slight pattern. That's cool!

Nenen

Untested RPG storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've thought about it for sure. It would be even better with a modified autotile system I'd think though. Which was my excuse for not doing it yet ;P

T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For future reference, stuff like this is best in the Resource WIP thread.
sorry about that, ill keep that in mind,

Took me a moment to figure out what exactly I was looking at, as the first thing that caught my eye in the OP was the water texture and the character's hair freaking out.

Turns out it's a gif of your screen that's been sped up to showcase that the grass is gently swaying in a very subtle, slight pattern. That's cool!
yeah turns out obs does not like rpg maker, have to work out how to fix that issue,
I've thought about it for sure. It would be even better with a modified autotile system I'd think though. Which was my excuse for not doing it yet ;P
i am thinking about doing a full tileset by hand, so it matches my sprite style, not sure yet though as it will be allot of work

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there has been 1 person make long grass tileset, not smaller one though,
but on some places above the normal one can be good looking though,
but full map of grass might be laggin on lower comps though, so you need
to handle it with care and not TO much, specially on a huge map like
100x100, but small grass like those arent be found yet.

nice job though =)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:
It's been that long since I wrote a plugin, it took me 4 attempts to realize it's != rather than #. In a 40-line plugin, 20 of those lines being documentation!
Disk Check Plugin - Running on Linux:
RMMV-Game-Mint.png
workin on some graphics for my game. was originally planning on doing a cartoony style for the town but I might stick with this instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JussViper