Anyone interested in anime cutscene commisions?

Would you be interested

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey all, I want to work on building a portfolio, but I'm not sure how. I thought setting up shop would be a good way to start branching out, but I wanted to see if there were any interests first..
I'm not exactly a professional, I animate as a hobby, but I feel like that would be of some use for people here who want their games to feel more alive!
If you've ever played those anime gacha games, you'll know what I'm talking about. Usually there'd be an incomplete anime styled cutscenes that can even serve as a trailer.

Basically,the cutscenes would just be animated videos of your character doing whatever you need them to be doing, and you can add them to your game with the play movie event!

sooooo what do you guys think? Anyone interested? Should I make this?

TheAM-Dol

Randomly Generated User Name
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I might be interested if I saw your (existing) portfolio :rwink:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would be interested but I want to see your portfolio first.

TinyRecorder

Tiny Steps & Rainy Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As someone who plays those anime gachas I might be. Also your price range relative to the quality of your work would also be an important factor here.

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I might be interested if I saw your (existing) portfolio :rwink:
Im not sure how to reply to multiple posts so sorry if you see this copy and pasted lol. Im out right now, but heres something im working on, it seems enough people are interested so ive decided to make an official thread, hopefully i can scrap my finished projects in to a portfolio in a bit!
Let me know if you are interested in seeing the thread :))

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would be interested but I want to see your portfolio first.
Im not sure how to reply to multiple posts so sorry if you see this copy and pasted lol. Im out right now, but heres something im working on, it seems enough people are interested so ive decided to make an official thread, hopefully i can scrap my finished projects in to a portfolio in a bit!

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As someone who plays those anime gachas I might be. Also your price range relative to the quality of your work would also be an important factor here.
Thats the thong tho, im not sure how to price them as im not sure what my wuakity of work even is.. i was thinking of having a base price and increasing it as complexity increases instead but i dunno

TheAM-Dol

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im not sure how to reply to multiple posts so sorry if you see this copy and pasted lol
You have 2 different options. You can highlight the text and click the "+quote" button. This will add the quote to a quote clipboard, and when you compose you can select any quotes you added to the clipboard to your message. Alternatively you can just @ the user like on Twitter, like this: @akuakudac

Looks nice for a sketch. I know it wouldn't get a sale from me until I saw a final render though, but there may be others here who are more willing. I just wouldn't want to take a risk without knowing how the end product might look, especially when animation can be really expensive.

SGHarlekin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was actually starting to look into this kind of thing because I wanted an anime opening for one of my games, so yeah, definitely interested depending on cost.

I can also see issues here. Many of us probably have already existing art for their characters. How do you plan on accomplishing the animated scenes to look like those characters without having clashing styles?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your animation is good, but before I commission you, I'd like to know how the finished product would look. Also, I probably couldn't commission you anyway because I have 0 money, LOL.

akuakudac

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was actually starting to look into this kind of thing because I wanted an anime opening for one of my games, so yeah, definitely interested depending on cost.

I can also see issues here. Many of us probably have already existing art for their characters. How do you plan on accomplishing the animated scenes to look like those characters without having clashing styles?
God thats such a good point!! and also i would have no idea. I can try my best to replicate exisiting styles, but i dont think i can exactly promise anything, ao i think thats just something people are gonna have to know before getting ://

TheAM-Dol

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ao i think thats just something people are gonna have to know before getting ://
I don't think it's the biggest deal as long as you are upfront about it, and if your own style really speaks for itself. As just a little splash screen before the title, I don't think it would be too distracting. Many games come to mind that have a different style during game play when compared to their "movies". Still, working on diversifying your style is important because it's going to make your work more desirable anyways. But first... You really need to post finished products in this thread - there's clearly a lot of people hungry to see your finished work.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We're not supposed to post multiple times in a row.
Im not sure how to reply to multiple posts
Aside from what you were already told with highlighting and tagging, there are also two fairly prominent buttons at the bottom of each post labeled Quote and Reply. :wink:

Getting examples of your finished work on here is a pretty vital first step before anyone will ask you to do work for their game.

SGHarlekin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
God thats such a good point!! and also i would have no idea. I can try my best to replicate exisiting styles, but i dont think i can exactly promise anything, ao i think thats just something people are gonna have to know before getting ://
I don't think your business model is going to work for a lot of people then. It would mean that I would need to let you create original characters for me. Create the animation, and then either also hire you to create any follow up images I'd need (Busts, face graphics and whatnot) Or find an artist that can perfectly copy your style.

Neither one really works.

The only way I could possible think of seeing this working, is when you could create an animation, using provided still images, Which again, would be a nightmare to set up between multiple people.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

The animation is fluid but I want to see how your art style looks and if it suits my needs. I may commission some stuff from you, but I do want to see how your art style looks first. Do you just do character intro openings or would you be able to do high quality render logo intros?

I'm talking about stuff like this

Would you be able to make a Logo of mine do stuffs, if I give you a high render svg?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #20:kaohi:

ScreenShot_8_14_2022_11_55_51.png
FINALLY added the comic bubble to the Title Screen...
I know I'll put one of my game's sprites here to give the illusion that I am a productive member of game society.
handelspriteanim.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milkpowder