Anyone know how... Toad Spell?

IttaBaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To make a 'toad' spell, which changes the enemy into another, because transform won't be triggered by state, and switches would take either hundreds of them, or hit all enemies at once. Does anyone know what to do? Am I just dumb? Let me know! :D

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I don't understand what you are trying to do. It's a spell an enemy has? What should trigger it?

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
You want to turn enemies or players into toads?

If you want to turn players, you can create the class "toad" and change their class to "toad", and change back to their respective class if/when they are cured. It will require a little programming skill to do in battles and common events, but it's not really that complicated.

As for enemies, you can "transform" the enemy into the "toad" enemy, but I have no idea how to change then back to their normal selves after.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
This would be easy, but ***bersome, to do with switches, as you've noted yourself. It's one of those features that, while doable on 2k3, can be easily shelved and executed when you're making a game in another engine
Still, there's a lazy way to do it -- Make the Toad spell trigger a switch, and have every toad-able enemy use the Transform into Toad ability if that switch is turned on
It's super lazy and easy to do, but the effect of the spell won't be immediate. You can tell the player it's because the toad gas takes a while to work :)
Dont forget to turn the switch off after the battle! Also, through this, you can easily make different enemies turn into different toads...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah