Cerveau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
:( I gave up attempting to create this goal of mine to create a mouse-interactible SceneMenu-ish window in SceneMap by myself with my trashy current coding skills.

Though, I was able to kind of emulated such UI (complete with SceneItem, SceneSkill, SceneEquip, etc.) on SceneMap as per how I wanted, but my work does not go without random "error-less" crashings, probably due to conflict issues when running other scenes, regardless be it a built-in (ie. SceneSave, SceneLoad, etc.) or custom script made scenes.

Does anyone know, somehow, by chance, a script that allows SceneMenu-ish UI, running in background, in real time, in Scene Map... with no issues?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Why do you need this?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm confused. Can you do a mockup or something of what you want?

Cerveau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Why do you need this?
I want a pseudo-SceneMenu UI mechanic for my game that behaves similarly to the actual or proper SceneMenu, but does not make the game pause.

I was able to emulate it, poorly albeit, because with it, once any actual or proper scenes are called upon like SceneLoad, SceneSave, or custom-made SceneOptions, etc, for examples, random "error-less" crash or force closing occurs.

I'm confused. Can you do a mockup or something of what you want?
Best example perhaps are these games... the way how the inventory is brought by player and works in the game, the game still running on real time, things keep rolling, things keep happening, not pausing:

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, OK. So literally just the Menu but it's not a different scene. I get you now. The best way I can think of would be to event it, or you can look at how the Key Item menu does it.

Cerveau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Oh, OK. So literally just the Menu but it's not a different scene. I get you now. The best way I can think of would be to event it, or you can look at how the Key Item menu does it.
Does this Key Item menu you're saying does not pause the SceneMap, as in NPC still moving?

Any link to it? Or the scripter's name at least?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's the default choose key item menu. I can't remember if the player can move during it, but it doesn't go to a different scene. Which might be better for you, because if the player is able to move, I'm not sure how you're going to scroll through your menu, LOL.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Since apparently, you got the skill to edit the script, here is an idea.
Have you thought of thinking the opposite? You were trying to emulate the menu in the map, but what about emulating the map in the menu?

Except if the custom menu script is an outliner, most menu scripts inherit from Scene_MenuBase. From there, you need to add a Spriteset_Map and then also add $game_map.update and the spriteset update in the scene update loop. Then you would see an emulated map when you access the menu.

Cerveau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Since apparently, you got the skill to edit the script, here is an idea.
Have you thought of thinking the opposite? You were trying to emulate the menu in the map, but what about emulating the map in the menu?

Except if the custom menu script is an outliner, most menu scripts inherit from Scene_MenuBase. From there, you need to add a Spriteset_Map and then also add $game_map.update and the spriteset update in the scene update loop. Then you would see an emulated map when you access the menu.

I see... so SceneMap along the GameEvents can be kept sentient/moving/active by doing it in reverse, as in SceneMap in SceneMenu rather... with just a somewhat small set of codes?! Dayum, never thought of that putting game_map.update there...

...but not so sure how to do the SpriteSet_Map, first time encountering it. Never the less, this might be it! I hope I figure and do it right as per you said "how to" and ultimately make my years-long dreamed SceneMenu x SceneMap finally work good and smoothly. Thanks, TheoAllen.

Cerveau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
$game_map.update on SceneMenu... didn't end well for me... in addition, reality hit hard on me when it added insult and rubbed salt to my injured dream upon finding someone's words claim out: "Scenes don't and can't update with one another" (Note: paraphrased)

Guess I need to stay away from Scene changes. Regardless, thanks guys.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Calf survival story with a happy ending.
well here's that concept art!
WIN_20220812_16_53_56_Pro (2).jpg
Whaddya think? Name suggestions?
Some character designs of 'Coin Locker'.
(there may be some future designs along the process.)

Untitled1294_20220813055849.png
1660339609612.png
Really need to come up with better names for my folders.
rpgmakerxp wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, I saw you comment a google drive link to add a specific script to a kadowa plugin for battle voices here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attacking-defending-skills-damage-ect.119148/

I'd like to add "multiple possible battle voices" for stuff too, can you please let me know what to change cause the link isn't working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ciberfreak