Anyone recognise if this is from an asset pack?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by nirurin, Dec 25, 2018.

1. nirurin

nirurin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Considering making a small rpg style game as a hobby project (was thinking unity but I think rpgmaker will be easier for a solo project...), but at least part of the game will be in a grungy sci-fi kind of setting, and I noticed that MV... just straight up doesn't have any assets like that!

Had a search around, and apparently this image is from a 32x32 (Ace sized?) tileset, and it's the exact right feel of the setting, but I can't find where it's from. It might be something that has been made privately for a game and isn't publicly available to purchase, but I was hoping someone might recognise it?

2. kaine

kaine Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Perihelion tiles, as far as I know, were made for one of her old projects

3. nirurin

nirurin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Ahh yeh, I found her art page now that has it on, thats a shame as the work doesn't seem to have been used and there's nothing else like it on rpgmaker. Surprised she didn't package it as a tileset and sell it!

4. daltval

daltval Done Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Attached Files:

5. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah, I remember when she was working on that one. It's so good! I have a copy saved for reference. The unfortunate thing about a set like that is while it might only take a week or so for a fast and skilled artist to make something like that up, it takes a lot longer to turn that same mockup into something actually usable in a tileset. I think she ultimately dropped it because of that, it would just take ages to draw up enough stuff in the same high quality style to create an entire game. I've tried when making Pixel Myth and burned out. You really need a group of artists working together to make a whole set like that, which in my experience is a bit like herding cats.

You might be able to find a good modern set and grunge it up a bit yourself. Oh, and Vexed has some stuff that would work for cyberpunk in the Members + collection.