Anyone that knows a good free video-editing program?

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
So anyone that can give me a tip on a good and free video editing program?

I used to work with Sony vegas 11 but it seems like I have no license for it anymore.

So anyone that can hint me towards something?

Funplayer

Self proclaimed sponge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hate to say it, but Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows Movie Maker 2012) is the only one worth its salt that I found.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/applications/best-free-video-editing-software-9-top-programs-you-should-download-1136264

I would suggest finding the official site for the individual programs, before you download them.  Never download from a 3rd party, when there is official links available with the newest versions.

In its infancy, you can find VLC Movie Maker, but its still just a baby.  This thing has the potential to replace premiere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Yeah it was the one I was looking into as well. Just realized that I didn't have Windows Essential so that's why it didn't show up in my windows. I'll see if I can get it to work, I'm in no place to buy a new license for Sony vegas so this will have to do for now :)

Thanks!

Tarsus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use Windows movie maker for 90% of my stuff. It's surprisingly good.

What exactly is it you plan on doing? Most free software is very limited, if you just want to cut and paste tracks together then WMM is very good but it is missing a lot of fancy features such as PiP.

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I mean I used to edit fancy videos with Sony vegas (sort of limitless there), but as for now I'm just planning to get some review videos up and some update videos for my games so no need for that. It was more or less my trailer for my game that I wanted to put some more effort into. But I got friends that can help me out with that so it will do :)

Edit: Seems like Movie maker cant recognize H264, MP4 codec which I get from using OBS. That's another roadblock :(

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try to get another codec pack for those maybe? Go for something that installs the codec into the system. what is OBS btw?

Back then on vegas, I had to install an extra xvid codec into the system to read some files because the program won't recognize the codecs used by my video players since they weren't really installed into the system but rather in the player's own folders.

Tarsus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've used OBS and WMM together before.

Try turning on fixed frame rate in OBS in the settings. If that doesn't work then it could be your codecs.

I'm pretty sure it was the frame rate that got it for me in the past. I use fraps now so I can't really help with OBS.

Dark_Metamorphosis

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Yeah sorry guys it was my bad. Seems like the OBS saved the files as .flv so I had to make a custom search way in order for it to save them as mp4. This is fixed now so thank you all for the help :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juan172