Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello all,

Is there a way to setup custom growth parameters for classes in MZ, similar to YEP Base and Class parameters in MV? I like to setup a formula for growth base parameters and experience levels per class. But haven't been able to figure out how to do this in MZ. I do have VisuStella's plugins but not sure how to go about implementing this, nor am I sure which plugin will allow this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can create custom parameters in the settings for VS Core Engine. You can define the values using code, so you can include a check for the class ID to determine growth.

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the reply, but you wouldn't happen to have an example would you?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sure:

1622125673157.png
1622125688162.png
JavaScript:
// Declare Constants
const user = this;

// Calculations
let base = 1;
switch(user._classId) {
  case 1:
    base = 5;
    break;
  case 2:
    base = 7;
    break;
}
return base * user.level + 5;

Just a simple example, here I've created a custom parameter called Bananas where its value will be 5*level + 5 for the Swordsman class, 7*level + 5 for Sorcerer, and any other class will just be level + 5. So in the default actor setup at level 1, Reid and Priscilla have a Bananas of 10, Albert and Kasey have 12, and everyone else has 6.

Blair Pendragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This isnt quite the answer you're looking for, but there is another way to do it w/o pluggins.
But depending on the amount of work you want to put into it, will effect how much it will mimic what you want it to do. (pluggins would be easier)

I'd personally have every class have the same base stats. Every time they change classes, id have it record their current level, in comparison to a variable (their prior level before leveling up some) This event would then grant the bonus stats to the next job, while also applying bonus stats for being said job (based on current class level)
Im sure you want the stat growth to apply the moment a character levels up, so the best way to do this, is to have events play after a battle to check if the characters level increased or not. (by comparing the variables from class change, and from a variable that keeps track of their current level ups from their last class change) and then adding the stats after battle, before they access the menu to check the stat differences.
this of course wont work with some pluggins, like the ones that let u see stat increases on the victory screen.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
I also have a collection of free plugins that let you make this work.

Eli Class Curves => This one lets you build custom curves for each class and each parameter.
So you can define how they will grow with numbers or formulas.
1622132284382.png

1622132360612.png

The name value you will use to reference in the class note tag:
1622133584533.png

1622132462909.png

Growth Chance => This is a % value, that will define if the current actor will raise any points for this parameter. So if you put it at 100, the actor will always update a point for the current parameter.
But if you put 50, means that the actor will have a 50% of chance to gain any points for this parameter for every level up.

Initial => This is the initial value of the parameter for a Level 1 actor.

Min and Max => This will define the minimum and maximum value that this parameter can raise per level up. If you set it like, Min = 0 & Max = 5, means that the actor will get a random value between 0 and 5.
If you do not want a random feature to grow your parameters, you can simply let them the same value: Min = 5 & Max = 5. So they will always gain 5 points for each level up.

Limit => This is the maximum value that an actor will have for this parameter.

Promotion bonus => When an actor first changes class, only for the first time he changes, he can gain a bonus value for this parameter. But that requires the Eli Class Promotion Bonus plugin, which is not released to the public yet(but will be soon).

You can use formulas in all of the settings above.

You can do the same above for Custom Parameters too. But for that, you will need the Eli Custom Parameter plugin.

1622132981520.png

You will define a short name(to be used in formulas) and a long name(to use in menus for example).
You also can choose if you want them to act like Hp/Mp/Tp parameters.
1622133063369.png

Combining these two, you will have a powerful system to customize your class parameter's growth.
But for now, it does not have the custom exp formula for each class level up yet. But that will be implemented.
(And if you ever want this for your enemies too... => Eli Enemy Class)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, thanks for all the replies.
@Trihan now that I've seen an example I now understand how I can code the classes and formula.

Really appreciate the help guys.

Austrian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Trihan
I just realize there's no way to add these parameters to weapons and items are there?

Oh nevermind I think I figured it out.

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There are a couple of ways you can do that, but sounds like you got it sorted. Do let me know if you run into any issues though.

Latest Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinterWolf