AP - Stat Distribution

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Alistair, Jun 25, 2016.

1. firestalker

firestalker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for that...  I never would have figured out how to do that.  Now, I'm wondering, is there a way to add the Stat Distribution Scene to Yanfly's Victory Aftermath and Aftermath-LevelUp?  Like, when you level up you automatically get sent to the Stat Distribution Scene instead of the level up scene like before?  But only for the actor that leveled up?

As it stands now, you get a little message box that pops up at the end of the Victory Aftermath that tells you how many points you got.  I don't like the way it looks, jerry rigged in instead of a integrated like it should.  If it can't be fixed then that's fine, but I was just curious.

If you can't do it, is it alright if I ask someone on the forums if they can?

2. Alistair

Alistair Treasure Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I do plan to add easier notetags for the above formulas but I don't have infinite time. With the little time I have, I try to do things that people request. I have noted your request but I cannot tell you how soon I will be able to implement it.

I'm not totally happy with the way it looks right now either but that's all I can do for now.

I do want to change this at some point, though.

One more thing: You should remember that this is the default style of the Maker. Without any plugins, all you get after battle are those messages stating who levelled up and what kind of items the party obtained.

Feel free to do that. I always try to follow suggestions but it takes me a while. If it is somewhat urgent you can always feel free to ask In the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
  3. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Which is why as soon as I could I found one I started using a Battle Result Plugin...  :D BD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
  4. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @firestalker

Plugin has been updated. Should be doing what you needed.

Edit:

@Fernyfer775

Confirmation Window is in. Check it out. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2016
    Fernyfer775 likes this.
  5. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I get this error whenever I set the level screen to true...

6. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @firestalker

I can't reproduce that error.

In the first and second line it says something about a plugin called Restrict_Items. Can you tell me more about that?

7. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    // Restrict_Items.js
    // Version: 1.1
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    /*:
    * @plugindesc Restrict Items by switches, Read help
    * @author mrcopra
    * @help
    * In item's note write <switch: x>
    * x is switch's id, and it will disable the item
    * when the switch become true it will enable the item
    * Example
    * <switch: 5>
    */
    var restrictItems = Window_ItemList.prototype.isEnabled;
    Window_ItemList.prototype.isEnabled = function(item) {
    var s = /<switch:\s*(\d+)>/i; ///
    var m = item.note.match(s);
    if (m){
    if !($gameSwitches.value(Number(m[1]))){//1
    return $gameParty.canUse(item);
    }else{};
    }else{return $gameParty.canUse(item);}//;
    }//;

That's the entire plugin.  It's designed to disable certain items that have the notetag when a switch is turned 'ON'.

This is the new error when I turn off the "Restrict_Items.js"...  I don't know what's happening.  I looked at the lines in question, but since I have no clue what I'm looking at I can't tell you anything but it looks like something with the Scene_Manager...  Whatever that is.  I also looked for that uncaught error: the missing file and I can't find it.  or whatever it is...  It's not even in the setup file from what I can tell.

I'm really confused....

I tried it on a new project with just your Ability and Stat Distribution plugins and no error message, but no level up scene either.  All that comes up is that message box that says "so-so gained x distribution points".  I turned that 'Show Message' option to false, but that message continues to show up every time regardless.  I turned the level up scene transfer to false and nothing, then true...  the same thing.  Turning that option true or false had no effect on anything.

That's what's happening and I have no idea why...  Hopefully you can figure something out.

8. Gooz

Gooz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    français
    Hello Alistaire!

First of all, thank you for sharing this plugin!

I have a question : is there a way to prevent the distribution window to be close when there is still points to distribute?

Like turning off the "finish" button if there is at least one point left to distribute?

Or a way to remove the "finish" button and automatically close the window when there is no points left?

9. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @firestalker

Thanks, I fixed that.

The Level up Transfer requires Yanfly's Victory Aftermath. I'll note that down in the plugin for future users.

I still can't wrap my head around this. I just tested my two plugins + Victory Aftermath in a completely new project and everything works fine.

Be sure to place my plugins at the bottom of your list and Ability Distribution BELOW Stat Distribution.

@Gooz

Right now that's not possible but I'll keep it in mind.

10. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's the weirdest thing...  I still get that error and I've completely turned off all my plugins [except the Victory Aftermath, BattleCore, CoreEngine, and Stat Distribution], I even turned off all of Yanfly's plugins.  I still get the same error.  BUT, if I start a new project and JUST put those four plugins in then it works fine no problems.

I thought maybe one of my plugins was clashing with it or something, but I get the error even with all of them off.  I thought maybe it was reading an outdated set of JS files [pre-1.02], but I was sure I updated those since Yanfly's Save Core that I'm using doesn't work without it.  BUT, I updated it again just to make sure, same thing.  I started a new project and just imported the plugins folders from JS and the PLUGINS.js file from my project [along with all the image and audio files]....  Same thing.  I'm at a loss...  I really want to use this plugin since I think it'll give a new type of variety to rather straight-forward game...

I have a few more ideas that I want to try, one is a work around...  I'll let you know...

One more thing....  Can you make the messages in the plugin work with Yanfly's Message Escape Codes?  It would be nice to add some color to them or make them centered and resized.  Thanks...

Another thing....  Apparently I can't use this at all.  The Menu call gives me that error and so does calling from a plugin command.  This is really wierd since it was working like it was supposed to before the update to 1.04.  Do you happen to have an earlier update, say 1.03, so I can test a theory?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  11. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @firestalker

What happens when you start the game and press F8, any error messages in there before doing anything ingame?

Any difference when turning off Yanfly's Main Menu Manager?

Maybe try turning off Ability Distribution and look if it makes any difference?

---

Sorry, I don't hold onto older versions of my plugins.

Which ones? The param names above the gauges?

12. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I get this when I hit F8 at the beginning of the game:

That's it...  I turned off ALL the plugins [except the four I mentioned before] and nothing changed.  It still give the Unexpected token ILLEGAL error.  But only for my project and nothing else.  I only put Ability Distribution in there because I thought it would help.  I've removed it since then.  There is no difference when I turn off Plugins....  it still errors up when I try to open the Distribution Screen for any reason.

Well, that kind of sucks... :(

That would be cool too, but no I meant the messages like the one that says "So-so gained x Distribution points".  The you can make the number of points a different color.  Or make the whole message centered to the screen.  Or change the size to be bigger if you wanted to.  That's what I was thinking.

13. Myst88

Myst88 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I've been wanting a stat distribution system for ages now. Thanks!  :D

Alistair likes this.
  14. Emeraq

Emeraq Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Alistair Does this stat distribution system take the place of what the system automatically assigns the actor at level up, or is it in addition to?

15. SimProse

SimProse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

16. firestalker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can use Yanfly's Class Base Parameter Plugin and just use numbers to give a starting place if you want your actors growth to be soully dependent on the stat distribution.

<Custom Class Parameters>

maxhp = 105;

maxmp = 35;

atk = 5;

def = 4;

</Custom Class Parameters>

Works great for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  17. Emeraq

Emeraq Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @firestalker Thanks for the reply. At the moment I can't even get the AP Distribution plug in to work. I've got it showing in my menu but I get an error screen when I pick an actor. If I can get it to work I think I'm going to use it in addition to the standard level up as I don't see any options for increasing evasion, accuracy, critical hit etc

18. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Will look into this.

---

I'm lost concerning the problem you're encountering. I literally have no idea what's causing that. :/

No it doesn't. It's an additional way to power up your actors.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  19. SteveDaCheeze

SteveDaCheeze Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey Alistair, Thanks for this awesome Plugin. I was just wondering if there any way I could use it to make in similar to the souls games (Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborn etc.) if not that's okay. I'm still planning on using it.

20. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

You will have to elaborate on that. I have never played any of those games.