AP - Stat Distribution

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Alistair, Jun 25, 2016.

1. SteveDaCheeze

SteveDaCheeze Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    The Souls game use a attribute system instead of a experience system to their games. So instead of gaining experience from slashing down enemies, you instead get a number of points call souls. You use those souls to level up your vitality (health), Endurance, strength, Dexterity, resistance (defense/resistance to poison), Intelligence (Magic power/sorcery power), and faith (another magic power/ miracles power). There's a number of souls you have to give up in order to level up one stat.

For example, I want to level up my health (vit), dex, and int; and for each stat I level up, the required number of souls increases. So I defeat the closet boss and some enemies near me and end up with 10'495 souls at level 4. When I go to increase my stats, each stat requires 1'500 souls to increase it by one point. Also each stat already has a number of points in them, so my Vit has 10, Endur:10, Dex:10, Str:14, Resist:12, Int:9, Faith:11.

By increasing my Vit by one point. My vit becomes 11, my health bar increase about 10 hp, I lose 1'500 souls and now have 8'995 souls, and my level increases to 5. Now I want to increase my Dex, but now it takes 1'600 souls instead of 1'500 souls to increase any stat at level 5. After I put 1 point into my Dex, my dex is now 11, my agility increases by a current number of points, I lose 1'600 souls and now have 7'395 souls, and my level is now 6. Next I want to increase my Int and it takes 1'750 souls to increase any stat at level 6. But instead of my Int, I want to increase my faith. It will still take 1'750 souls to increase my faith.

With each enemy and boss you gain a random amount of souls and use those to level your stats. I know it would probably require a lot of changes (maybe even a whole new script) to make this function (unless there's a tip and/or trick to making this happen). So I thought maybe you could use Yanfly's job point system to your script you already had. If not, that's completely okay with me, I'll still be using this awesome script. Thanks again Alistair.

2. MahouShoujo

MahouShoujo Godlike Gamer Dev Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome plugin! ♥

Also, in a future update (if you even update this plugin), may you put a "formula growth" for the costs on each param?

Like, rising ATK from 1 to 10 costs 1, but 10 to 11 costs 2 points. 

Ragnarok Online has this.

3. Alistair

Alistair Treasure Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Unfortunately it would indeed require a lot of changes and I just don't have the time right now to basically write a whole new plugin. Sorry about that!

Perhaps I can look into this at some point in the future!

4. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Some issues I'm having with this plugin in our just altering my screen outside of the Distribution Menu...it's altering other screens....for other ad dons as well as it's own. For example, it's making it so the monster's don't appear in the plugin that comes with the game...Not sure what's up tbh. 

http://imgur.com/a/fQvM7

5. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Enemy Book that comes with the game (made by Yoji Ojima) works for me. I have no idea which enemy book plugin you are using. If you can give me a link to it I can check out if it's really my plugin that's conflicting with it.

Thanks for the screenshots, though. The gauges shouldn't be cut off anymore.

6. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's the same one! Maybe I just need to update it :)

7. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Keep me posted. :)

8. Shinmegumi

Shinmegumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This plugin looks great, I just was wondering if there is any way to adapt it to use custom stats without having to re-write the base.  We use custom stats in our game and are going for something sort of D&D style and we could use this when players level up in order to assign stats and allow them to be able to be separate from skill points.

9. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Shinmegumi

It will be necessary to rewrite some parts of the plugin in order to add in non-default params.

I'm not sure how these custom params are incorporated in your game but perhaps my Ability Distribution Addon may

be a viable workaround.

Feel free to get back to me if you have questions.

10. Forthright

Forthright Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, the custom stats have parameter IDs just like the regular stats.  It's a simple call for them to be read.  I like the idea of using ability distribution as a work around.  If I use Ability Distribution as a work around, can I set it increase the number of points required based on the "level" of the parameter.  So like at 10 Vitality it costs 2 points and at 15 it costs 3 and so on?

Also, if I were to modify this one, I don't think I saw the ability to do what I asked above in this plugin, is this something I would have to define via evaluation or is it in the plugin and I just missed it?

P.S.

Sorry for any confusion.  I am posting from our main account instead of my personal one.  If it would be easy for you to make an add on script for Quasi Params, that would be great.  That's what we are using and I'm not sure how to incorporate Quasi's call for custom parameters into your script.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  11. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I'm working on an update to make this possible.

What do you mean when you say that you want to allow the params to be seperate from skill points? What are skill points? And how are they tied to the params? :unsure:

No worries.

I don't use Quasi's plugin so I'm not sure how far I can help you out here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2016
  12. Forthright

Forthright Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I was actually able to get it working and answered a few questions on my own.  It works great with Quasi's plugin pretty much right out of the box, only a few changes.  I don't know how much functionality I lost, but so far everything works like I was looking for.  For my second question, what I meant by that was I didn't see that the ability distribution was able to define a change in cost after it reached a certain point.  Since you allowed for formulas and evals in your stat distro script, I just used a bunch of if and else if statements to make the value change as the stat increased.

Alistair likes this.
  13. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Forthright

Oh wow. I really appreciate that you made the effort to figure things out. I'm happy that it works. :D

14. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    hello!

i use a diferent resolution and cut some elements, is possible to configura that?

15. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you post a screenshot or explain what's cut off?
    The gauges?

16. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    nvm, i changed the game resolution :D

Alistair likes this.
  17. KaiAsakuro

KaiAsakuro Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    was wondering; if its possible to have for stats on each side? instead of 5 on one, and 3 on the other. Otherwise; I love your plugin :D

18. Alistair

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @KaiAsakuro

Hi :) . Right now that's not possible. Perhaps I can make this possible in the future.

19. KaiAsakuro

KaiAsakuro Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    haha okay! i'll keep my eyes open.

Alistair likes this.
  20. Crysillion

Crysillion Veteran Veteran

I want to use the Ability Distribution but not the Stat Distribution. How could I go about having the Ability Distribution scene pushed directly when using Yanfly's Main Menu Manager?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ah, seems you already have this as a setting in the parameters of the AP Ability Distribution plugin. Thanks, man. This plugin is very good.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2016