First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
AP System
Version 1.0
by Fomar0153

Description
Implements a secondary experience system as seen in many games. You will likely have seen AP or JP before.

Features
Errr... you can rename AP.

Screenshots

How to Use
Place the plugin in your project's js/plugins/ folder.
Inside RPG Maker MZ's editor, open the Plugin Manager.
Create a new entry and select this plugin from the list.
Customise the options to your liking and then click ok.
Notetag enemies with <ap: n> where n is the AP you'd like them to reward players.

Download
Click here.

FAQ
Q: What does this plugin do?
A: By itself not much, other scripts will require it, for example my learn equipment skills plugin. I also have plans to make a job system at some point which will also require it.

Q: I'm writing a plugin and would like to use this as a base, how do I build off it?
A: Overwrite the following function.
JavaScript:
  Game_Actor.prototype.gainAP = function() {
    // over write this in your plugin
  };
Credits
Fomar0153

Terms of Use
As long as I am credited, you may use this plugin in your projects both commercial and non-commercial.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't expect a plugin like this for quite a while yet and you did it almost immediately. Thank you so much for this Fomar!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Out of curiosity, what does AP stands for? Why not name it as a "Secondary EXP system"?

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure it means "Ability Points." It's the system in FFIX and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure it means "Ability Points." It's the system in FFIX and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
Or that. lol. Never thought of it like that.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah FFV & FFIX both used ability points. I took the name from there.

Pangola

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How do I download this? When I click the link I get a new tab with the script, but I don't know how to download the plugin.

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How do I download this? When I click the link I get a new tab with the script, but I don't know how to download the plugin.
Either Ctrl + S, or File save as (might need to hit alt to get the bar with file to show up on some browsers).

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well as it was decided ap stand out for ability, but pretty sure that in the first place it was for action point
simply because the variable to count the number of time u had to use ability or equipment was name as such but ability was choose over action because it was really defining what was happening while action was to much vague...

LucasRiot

HUMANELFO
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Amazing job! I will use it for sure. I will try to build a system like Crystarium of FF13 with these APs (using events). Thank you!
Edit: How can I check the amount of AP of actors and replace for other amount (cost) in a event using Conditional Branch? A plugin command? @Fomar0153

Last edited:

SirDhyne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely looking to use something like this as a way to level up stats, though at the moment I don't think that is something that can be done without a plugin which has yet to be made. Will keep an eye on it!

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One use for this could be upgrading skill damage and/or giving skills extra effects. Or it could be used as a system for stat growth

Mirai Ko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a way to manually increase an actor's AP?

Fomar0153

Arkz
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's something like:
$gameActors.actor(x).gainAP(n);

Goole558

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If i set the AP into variable ?

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Amazing job! I will use it for sure. I will try to build a system like Crystarium of FF13 with these APs (using events). Thank you!
Edit: How can I check the amount of AP of actors and replace for other amount (cost) in a event using Conditional Branch? A plugin command? @Fomar0153
Great plugin and works great in combination with passive skills and equipment skills.

Just wondering if there's a way I can reference the actor's (or ideally a skill's) AP in a formula?

e.g. you get a stat boost based on how much AP the actor has received, or how much AP has be earned towards a particular skill.

nemeanDragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey @Fomar0153, I really appreciate your plugins and your work, they've been great to use in my Game. I was just wondering if there's any chance you may be able to reach out to the VisuStella team--I am using their victory aftermath plugin and currently it doesn't allow for extra text saying how much AP was awarded from winning a battle. I was wondering if maybe you could talk with them and see how possible it would be for them to add that feature. Thanks in advance, regardless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)
Working on a new menu for my game. I'm not sure if I should get the Lune Engine to make it more unique. I think I'll be making the text color more white to match the "Menu" color. I may add some little stamps or markings to make it look more like it's paper.
SF_Monster6 added!

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?
Long time no see. I'm aiming a vertical slice / tech demo for my game featuring a series of boss battles this month. I hope I could get some testers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingmalo360