APK Service

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Prescott, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Prescott

Prescott argggghhh Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    http://indiside.com/apkservice?l=en

It appears that this is a service that will apparently let you turn your game into an APK. Haven't looked into it too much, but if it's easy it could be an interesting alternative to just doing it yourself. I found out about this from the Neko RPGXP Android app, which is an RPG Maker XP/VX(A)/MV emulator. They added support for this service to their app. Don't really know what that means either but I thought I would post a thread just in case anyone found it interesting enough to check it out.

2. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First off, this is technically a deployment matter which has its own separate forum. Second, I wouldn't be posting just anything without investigating it first. (You know what they say about that if it seems a bit too good to be true.)

With that said, the site seems rather slick in design and laid out real good. Don't think I can fully evaluate until I get home, but I will update you on this soon.

EDIT: I'm preparing a 64-bit test package with the Mac version of my project and intend to report back soon.

EDIT 2: I also noticed that the site is roughly off balance with its text, which is typically a bad sign unless it's for interpretation reasons (like with Google's translation services, for example... and the site itself seems to be at least partially in Japanese to begin with so the latter case applies more than otherwise from what I can tell).

EDIT 3: Not sure about this... seems to take a long time to be of any real use. Though it could possibly be the size of my export or the 64-bit stuff, anything extremely large in size is probably not going to happen, or at least not with any simplicity. Your results may depend on the size of your game as well.

EDIT 4: Also seems to like Windows packages better, which seems given because of the game engine support factor. It does have a small glitch with name processing, though. Additional testing may be required to confirm this.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Prescott likes this.
  3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Prescott likes this.