appearance of element (example staircase)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Arigatonty, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Arigatonty

Arigatonty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello everyone
    I would like to know how we can make appear a esaclier (for example) step by step as and when we go up, thank you in advance

2. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Easiest would be to manage it with a variable and then have each step as an event whose page is activated when it reaches that number. If you need more steps instead of entire tales then you'll need to make more graphics for it but it's the same idea. If you mean steps appearing as you go up then condition the first page of a sequence of stars with player touch and have it increase the variable to the next sequence and so on~

3. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I do not really understand how I can proceed to show up walking by walking just passing on. With a button to bring up a chest, I know how to do, but not in contact with the ground.
    and what I do not understand also, I can make appear an object, but not a tilset.

The only thing I see is walk by step on a different map, and do a teleport from page to page. But it will make me too much card just for a walk and it rique of ram / lag.

4. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    perhaps you can describe in more details what you want, because your descrption is a bit confusing and the other poster might have mistaken what you want.
    And try to use correct terminology as in what you mean by "element" that you want to appear. The game has maps, events and pictures visible, but no "elements".

5. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Here is the kind of result I want to do, step by step, in contact with the hero (or not if it's a cinematic). the triggering should not be done on the current market, but on the previous one. step 0 makes walking 1. step 1 show 2, etc. etc.

6. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    so you want a long stair that is only partially visible to a range?
    If that is all (visibility range limited) then it is easy.
    Just make the map with the entire stair as normal, then use a picture overlay to simulate darkness
    the picture would cover the entire screen and be mostly black, with the center area around the player to be transparent up to the point where he should be able to see. No need for any trigger as long as the map is much larger (you'll have to get tricky if the player can get near the map border as then he would leave the center position and the overlay picture would remain on the center normally)

The player moves around the map normally but won't be able to see farther as long as that picture is in place, and you can show and erase the picture with regular event commands.

7. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I understand half. I create my staircase as abstinence. I put opacity until I do not see any more walking. how can I create the trigger so that the opacity comes back automatically from the previous step to the next one?

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you don't - there is no need for any trigger on any step with this.
    you only have a single event showing the picture on the player approaching the stairs, and another event to erase the picture on leaving - might be combined and include a small control part on the game controlling the player if you want him to be able to enter and leave from both directions instead of one only.

search the forum on how "flashlights" or "torches" are done, where the player uses a flashlight to see in an otherwise dark map, this is similiar.

EDIT:
    Just to make something clear, because your post above can be read in two ways.
    You DO NOT change opacity by any command inside the game engine. You use a black picture created in Photoshop or GIMP or another image program, and the only place where you change any opacity is in that image program for the center area of that picture to get a realistic slow change from fully visible to fully black.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  9. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Well that's what it looks like with opacity 150. I would make a video when the final rendering will be done.
    I would like to know what you think?
    I miss it to show the march against, the plugin that I function not properly I still have to work.

If you do not have any idea for the start of the walk, what is there before? preferably with water, because I would like to make an effect avat.

The effect in question: the character is like in a dream. he falls and this upright (all in the void, in the stars). at the moment he is recovering he arrives on a platform of water. at the landing, small animation of water that I must also found.

and it is after that that the march must appear in front of the hero ^^

10. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you completely misunderstood what I said - that picture does NOT show anything of what I described other than the map itself.
    Because as I said you should not use opacity for the effect I described.

But on the other hand your description still does not explain what should appear how and is rather confusing, so it might be that we're talking about completely different things.

Do you want to hide the stairs behind a cover (of either black or a starscreen), so that the player can only see part of the map/screen while walking on it?
    Because that is what I assumed and described. And for that you'll need a picture that almost completely covers the computer's screen, with complete blocking on the frame and only a small area of transparency in the middle of the picture.

11. Arigatonty

First Language:
    française
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I use google translation because I'm French, maybe that's why the understanding of my mesésage works half