Application Preferences keep resetting to defaults

dlb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
No matter what I change in Application preferences , ticking on or off, it defaults as soon as i exit. I've reloaded VNM and opened up a blank project..uninstalled -reinstalled VNM, restarted the computer and updated any drivers, but still the problem persist. I originally didnt have this problem, until just recently. Any suggestions on what else I can do? computer is running windows 10. thanks

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I remember we had that issue in the very beginning after release with 1-2 people. I think it might work out, if you open the preferences, make your changes, close the preferences dialog and then just wait for a minute. Then close and open vnm again and see if it has been saved.

Otherwise, do you work with Dropbox or any other cloud service? Also you could to start Steam/VN Maker as admin to see if that changes anything.

dlb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
I don't use any cloud service but I should of mentioned I'm using the stand alone windows version
that was downloaded through RPG maker website. I still tried changing and waiting , then reopening with admin but no luck so far. I noticed that the problem is also the same with the path maker when i try to create a path. Ive found a work around with the hotspots by reducing the height but it doesn't seem to affect the path maker which is still way too large to succesfully create a path. Do you think this is unique with the windows version?

dlb

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Just a update... Did as you recommended and as stated earlier not much luck. So i turned everything off and rebooted, and everything ticks on and off properly now. Thanks, i really appreciate your time and help.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
I see you are using the Standalone Version? As far as I know, that one is not up to date(not exaclty sure though), you should use the Steam Version to get the latest 1093 version. You can use your product key for Steam as well.

I think for the standalone version, if you installed it into Program Files folder it has no write access there. If you run VN Maker as Admin the problem might be solved. Usually, preferences should be stored in writable AppData but in that version I am not sure about that.

However, I recommend to use the Steam Version in any case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdominach