Applying Split Damage

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by WildWheat0200, Jul 7, 2019.

1. WildWheat0200

WildWheat0200 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I want to put split damage into various skills and weapons but I can only get only 1 element per attack. If you are familiar with Dark Souls or Bloodborne, you would know what I'm talking about. If not, then split damage is about splitting damage between 2 or more elements (Or at least that's how I know it).

In one of my skills, (A gun based skill) I want to have both Piercing and Slashing damage. The Piercing damage represents the bullets and the slashing damage represents the bayonet.

Anybody know how I could have both in the same skill/weapon? And if possible, can it be done to items?

(NOTE: I am still in the planning stage on my RPG)

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It will take a script to pull it off, as the default engine uses one element only for damage.

Moved to Script Requests

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Planning or not. Are you planning on using any battle system script?
    My game uses two split damages, I call it as echo damage though. A character uses fire sword will yield 100% slash damage + 20% echo fire damage. If that is what you're looking for.

4. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    If you only have one skill that needs "split" damage, then there's no need for a script. Make a special element for your skill, and give all enemies weaknesses or resistances to that element based on the combination of their weak/resists to piercing and slashing.