Applying Split Damage

WildWheat0200

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I want to put split damage into various skills and weapons but I can only get only 1 element per attack. If you are familiar with Dark Souls or Bloodborne, you would know what I'm talking about. If not, then split damage is about splitting damage between 2 or more elements (Or at least that's how I know it).

In one of my skills, (A gun based skill) I want to have both Piercing and Slashing damage. The Piercing damage represents the bullets and the slashing damage represents the bayonet.

Anybody know how I could have both in the same skill/weapon? And if possible, can it be done to items?

(NOTE: I am still in the planning stage on my RPG)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It will take a script to pull it off, as the default engine uses one element only for damage.

Moved to Script Requests

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Planning or not. Are you planning on using any battle system script?
My game uses two split damages, I call it as echo damage though. A character uses fire sword will yield 100% slash damage + 20% echo fire damage. If that is what you're looking for.

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you only have one skill that needs "split" damage, then there's no need for a script. Make a special element for your skill, and give all enemies weaknesses or resistances to that element based on the combination of their weak/resists to piercing and slashing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~
Its Chinese new year today! Happy year of the rat~
just got back from the doctor about my back - 3 -)~ will know in a week or so's time how bad the problem is. Overall doing better though! not hurting so badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esogard