Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess I should make a list for this month, since doing one for last month helped motivate/remind me and such:
  • Still gotta get that mid-combat equip change functionality going.
  • Start/finish the "snowy town"
  • Start/finish the frozen ruins
  • Start/finish the research facility
  • Start/finish the sky citadel
  • Put the finishing touches on my improved quantity shop plugin so I can share it with people. (about the only thing left is proper compatibility with Yanfly's more currencies plugin)
  • Finish up a limited-or-unlimited-quantity weighted prize pool plugin that may or may not be worth sharing.
  • Fix the ugly-as-sin snowy RTP roof tiles so that the edge connecting to the actual house doesn't look so sharp/unnatural. Finding a good, free snowy roof would be fine, too.
  • Start designing monsters if I finish the rest of this crap.
  • Add random blue magic spells if the inspiration strikes. I already have plenty though, so this isn't essential.
Edit:
  • Oh and I should probably start a thread about my in-progress game. Maybe.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise* : That's because I figured it made more sense to just keep the same thread so people can look back on previous months and see how things are going. So once February ends this will also be the March thread, and so on, at least for a while.

If it gets cluttered we'll go to a new thread.

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sort out my UI. It's weird cause I'm having to get re-used to how RPG Makers handles things after being away from it for a bit. XD;; But I think if I can get my UI in order and working and tested this month, along with some skills/items, I'll be doing fine.

(I'm also having to redo graphics to fit the engine's specifications)

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
my only goal this month is to turn 41 and hoping to do so in better health then the past few months. Everything else is just 'one day at a time' with no set goals for now :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@bgillisp Just realized we only had 2 pages. So you are right ^^ sorry!
MMM If I had more time I'd make you separators so you'd get HUGE images as separators. XD

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suppose I have to survive this semester first, but as for game making I want to continue coding the base of my new tactics game and carefully continue planning the story of the game.

First time I post an image in these kind of threads I think, but here it goes. Working on the class change menus.

@bgillisp Don't you usually post a funny screenshot accompanying these kind of threads? :p

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... Making a Plugin wasn't part of this month objectives, but now it's done, so I guess I can add this to my February achievements. I'll now go back to my game testing...
Demo's coming soon!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunate news regarding my roadmap as the Mac system has suddenly failed beyond repair. As the limitations of indie development for my case preclude a replacement or backup system I have no choice but to cancel support for iPhone and iPad users. Additionally, I have not been able to get an Xbox release to work (well it does, but it's so bogged down that it's almost unplayable) so obviously I have canceled those plans as well. (All other release targets including Steam, itch and Google Play are unaffected by these developments.)

Regarding actual progress, I have returned the narrative to a chapter-based progression with the first two acts having been named accordingly for the situations upon which they begin and am in the process of finalizing the in-between at the start of each one.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@BreakerZero Hold on there do not despair; I am certain you'll find a solution.

Well got progression on that tortoise cat head but I think I made bigger than what I can chew on and typed up a possible story outline for a one map game in MV. Will get it proofread.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update for this week:

-Made one cutscene. One. Uno. Singular.

Man this semester is making it hard to game make.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't really worked on AD in a while. I'm still chipping away at that irritating battle system when I get time, but I've mostly been working with Keep to get CV going. It's a pretty slow process because we've got a lot of sprites to get done and not many people to help, but we're making some progress at least.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@BreakerZero Hold on there do not despair; I am certain you'll find a solution.
I wish I could, but unfortunately it was a bootloader issue that basically decided that it didn't want to bother with me anymore. I tried several times to reload the customized setup that I put together including several wipes of the partition records and... well, absolutely nothing to show for it. Worst of all is that the recovery stick I created for the custom setup is the only one I had, and every time I hit the four minute count it would fail with an error citing a missing aqua session in the error log along with several other errors that I can't remember, and then it would reboot to a failed install. Every... damned... time.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
*HUGE BIG BEAR CYBERMENTAL PLATONICAL HUGS @BreakerZero *
I wish I could help.
Hope there is a please debug my game workshop thread around here.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Woah everyone has been busy; almost a week now and I felt guilty to do kinda lot of lil things concerning RPGM (also tried a character generator from outside RPGM but since the graphic work isn't mine or I didn't modded what I have actually, I will not show it).

I needed a fast placeholder for a spaceship for something I want to do without having enough time and took picture of the hand made recycled paper spaceship I continue to improve at home.
WP_20200215_20_16_49_Pro.jpg
I'll break it out of the green bag eventually (and yeah I do other useful items by hand and this thingy actually also serves as a box XD nobody knows)

Back on spaceship making
AHToNotUse.png
And doing more kitty heads
TiredwiseRecolored linesNibbles.png
For my free Itch pack.

And attempting to finally learn MV for real!
Also made and got proof read story outline for a one-map game.
Hope everyone is having fun and LOVE (2 days too late but...) and game on! ...Dev on!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think it's more work has gotten busy for a lot of us. I was able to game make for like 2 hours yesterday and managed to fix up some interior maps, and tweak some monster balance. That's it.

Sadly at this rate I'll finish in 2042. Need to get some time off so I can game make more, but I need to work so I can get the $$$ to make the game. Anyone want to be my intern? :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@bgillisp Would be glad too but got time vampirized for about 5 to 6 years. My and I had lot of dancing/monster/spriting/devmaking/to do. But, when RL is the real mountain of challenge attempting to crush me, I quite get uneasy in productivity and guilty at doing a big load. Fortunately maybe Wednesday it'll be the final poisoning at my place and relocalizing my furry clawed Earthen angels and my respirator. &^%^&% Seriously, I need a place on my ToDo shelf just for you; it'd been a while I wanted to do something for you. I am litterally turning mad here. LOL

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't worked on my game in a good month sadly. Been occupied getting youtube videos going. Will hopefully get back to gamedev next month though where I'll be doing menu stuff.

So that's this months goals. Get a good number of rpg maker LP's uploaded. Maybe another few tutorials as well if I can manage.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goals for February huh, well we're already more than halfway through but I guess the goal or this month would be to (try to) finish, or more realistically not finish but get as far as possible, on my Template Project's database.

Hopefully I'll at least can finish up the stats, skills and maybe items sections. But well, we'll see I guess.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unscheduled freeze on my progress for the next few weeks. Because of the serious matter of the recent coronavirus incidence I am pausing development to completely rewrite the script of my game in a multitude of points in the plot arc that I don't feel comfortable with given the obvious shift in circumstances. With due respect for this development it may not be until 2021 that I can guarantee a release to market as I basically have to review everything I have to be sure that I have something that I can legitimately ship within reason and which I am comfortable with releasing for the sake of the general public interest.

In the meantime, I extend my kindest thoughts, best wishes and deepest sympathy for those who have been affected by the ongoing situation.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BreakerZero : It's never going to be the perfect time to make or release a game. If you eternally wait for a perfect time when no real world situation has an impact you'll be waiting until the sun goes Supernova, as there's always some crisis or another going on. I say just make the game and release it when it is done.

Besides, unless your game involves the virus directly no one will care if you release it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gave my avatar an update, stay safe, people!
I'm currently available for hire for scripting (and perhaps other things).
Also, don't worry, the Advanced Minimap plugin is a work in progress.
Hallelujah! Work is getting stricter on humans in the store.
Day 3 of mapping... at least the whole game its just one location :3 (Still taking forever...)

Almost 5 am.. and I decide to put up a Youtube video instead of sleeping. It's strangely addicting! :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qutera