April Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, Apr 1, 2019.

1. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello all! It's (almost) April, which means it is time for...

[​IMG]

Don't you just love the wild April weather? Anyways, post your goals and progress for April below. Also remember we got the release something event which ends on April 27th so there is another incentive to work on your games as well.

Chiara, Marquise*, atoms and 3 others like this.
  2. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Three goals for April here. None of the goals are outlandish, so I hope to be able to get them met.
    1. Get a working demo (not the boss-fight one) for Port Phobos done. (progress video)
    2. Update the "alpha" for "Cat Maidcafe in the Forest" released (doubt that's good for any competition, but I want to eventually finish it!)
    3. Do either a video or feedback as an entry for the birthday event.

Marquise* likes this.
  3. megumi014

megumi014 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wanted to release something for the event but I will focus on something more realistic, since I will be busy xD

1. Finish the Main Title design (on going) + code.
    2. Finish the sprite bust of the MC (75% done )+ maaaybe the chara sprite
    3. Figure out the design of the dialogue box.
    4. Finish writing all the first chapter scenes (30% done)
    5. Cry over the mess that is the Main Menu.

Marquise* and atoms like this.
  4. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My big goal is really to finish my current project. I want to at least be ready for a first full release (I'll probably add addition stuff later with updates).

I suppose I'll also have to study hard since finals are coming soon. I'll soon be done with my 4th semester in university. This goal might actually interfere with the first one lol.

Marquise* likes this.
  5. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I want to get enough done to have a working demo in time for RSW. Tiles not done, but I want to get to the point where the specific menu I need works.

Marquise* likes this.
  6. A-Moonless-Night

A-Moonless-Night WINTER IS COMING Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Been a while since I posted in one of these. I'm pretty bad at updating things.

I'm going to be realistic and give myself the goal of finishing five interior maps for the town I'm currently working on for Vermilion. I feel like that's an achievable goal. The lofty stretch goal is to finish all the interior maps, of which there are many. Got twelve more houses/apartments of varying sizes to map out, so that's probably at least another 20–35 maps. BUT, the goal is to make Lapinne feel like a lively, bustling city, and I want the player to feel encouraged to explore and loot all the houses, haha.

Marquise* and Ryisunique like this.
  7. AmazingKazuki

AmazingKazuki Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I haven't been around as much as I'd like. In fact, I put off game dev for much longer than I wanted to in order to focus on other things. I've only recently had another fresh idea and am trying to take my time preparing as much as I can before opening the engine and focusing on building the world of the game. That being said, here is my progress and goals. :)

Progress:
    - None. :(

Goals:
    - Prep a good portion of the first part to my game.
    - Figure out key elements I'd like to put in
    - Because I'm using VX Ace (Still), trying out new scripts I haven't that could be useful in the project

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I have finished playing Atelier Sophie and Im also feeling better now so hopefully I'll get more done this April. :)

Marquise* likes this.
  9. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh boy, it's truly been a while since I've been here, hasn't it? Here goes nothing.
    Progress:
    Very little visible progress, aside from the fact that I now have 3 out of 4 songs that I wanted to make completed (the potion shop one is giving me some issues still, though). My battle system is coming along nicely, and the first phase is pretty much just a matter of polishing and housekeeping. The second phase, however, is a whole other challenge, seeing as how I'm not exactly the best battler artist in the world. :aswt:

Goals:
    Pretty simple, really. Get the battle system completely done and in at least some form of presentable condition, test, add my personal touch to the script component, maybe add one or two other gameplay elements, and send it out to whoever my playtesters are at this point, hopefully by the end of the month.

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    All right, I don't remember on what to focus this month. But I certainly have a lotsa backlogs so... once taxation papers and exterminaday and moving again my kitties and doctor stuff will be over, I will focus on the many graphical loose ends I have and... well I'll post my progress.

(I will need more Mnt Dew Voltage me think)

Chiara and Ryisunique like this.
  11. kenjivn14

kenjivn14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I finally finished a version !! :kaoswt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *Edit: I had remove advertising my game!

This month TO-DO
    • Implement a small demo
    • A game introduction (trailer, devlog, puzzle suggestions, etc...)
    • Update downloadable content
    • Complete resource compression testing and encrypt them

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Marquise* and CrushedMeat like this.
  12. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @kenjivn14 Please note that the Goals threads are not for advertising your game, but for reporting progress against your stated goals.

And my goals for this month remain modest, as RL continues to pile up the pressure on me.
    So my goals are:
    • Complete the database and sprite work for the enemies in the current location.
    • Complete the database work for one mini-quest which gets you to an optional boss.
    • My non-modest goal - totally change my battle system. Still needs more debugging.
    • If, and only if, a miracle happens, begin making tiles for the next town.

Marquise*, Chiara and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  13. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    April Goals:
    -Make something for the release something event.
    -Do one more playtest run of The Book of Shadows to make sure my fixes didn't break anything.
    -Update the trailer.
    -Update the game videos.
    -Update the manual.
    -(Optional) Update the Title Screen.

If I can do all of 2 - 6 The Book of Shadows will be ready for release.

Marquise* and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  14. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @kenjivn14 I have to agree that you're pushing the limits of the purpose of discussion even though it's done in the proper context.

My goal for the month is to switch things up in terms of my project and start fresh with my new core hook to what ties everyone together.

Okay, I was just kidding. (But you know I had to give it a try!) Real goals for the month to follow soon.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. kenjivn14

kenjivn14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I apologize for my actions. I'll not repeat the mistake again.

Marquise* likes this.
  16. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here now with my real first milestone (the other one was a complete fake because "April foolin'"). For 0.9.1 I have totally rewritten my ending sequence (specifically the post-credit scenes) and it now serves as a catch-up to everyone as they return to normal existence and take up all sorts of new callings off the lessons they learned of each other. This is actually a rollover from last month but I'm not counting it there as I just now finished all of the dialogue and attribution for who says what. Also, I totally rewrote the final dungeon to offer strategic checkpoints so that it's not back to level one of the dungeon owing that it's a multi-phase ordeal inspired by a certain metalhead's assault strategy. (Obviously there's no guarantee that I'm going to keep the progress tracker component due to the European rights reform/copyright directive because of the similarity in execution.) This also includes a massive overhaul of the end segment of the final dungeon - instead of just being a madcap boss rush, it is the boss. This means that failing any part of the boss rush (and yes, this even includes the final boss!) is enough to fail the entire final part of the dungeon and resets everything before sending you back to the beginning of the boss rush. Obviously this does not include any consumables - you start over with anything and everything left over from your prior attempt, and you still lose half the cash you'd otherwise have for use during post-game exploration.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that a few things in the post-credit sequence are explained regarding post-game career moves and how they relate to each of your crew members - one in specific regarding why one member of your crew is able to work the opposition from behind the blade, and yet he can't seem to hold the hammer to anvil in the maintenance shed.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  17. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last month I did get some of what I wanted done, but then got sidetracked... So this month I'll have some simple goals:
    • Do my best to get a demo of 'Reincarnation Assistant: 9 to 5' ready for the Release Something Event
    • Play some demos and leave feedback
    Nothing too tough (I hope...), so if I actually focus then I should be able to do it. I'm starting the month off well since I've figured out the basics of how I want to present info on the heroes and worlds in my game. It's a bit complicated to set up at the moment though, so I should try to figure out a way to simplify it next.
    hero info sheet.png

M.I.A., Marquise* and Chiara like this.
  18. CrushedMeat

CrushedMeat Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made a new Dragon Battler today =D
    I think it doesn't look too bad, well
    [​IMG]

19. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Tfw I read this as "April Fools and Progress Thread".
    So, here's my goal this month, hopefully ...

Goal:
    Release a demo (at least for RSE).

@CrushedMeat that's an unusual battle menu you have there. Are you still modifying it or it's final?

Ryisunique and Marquise* like this.
  20. Tayruu

Tayruu slate furry thing Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    In terms of met goals... I... released a demo of my game! (... not here though. I'm too nervous too, hahah.)

I honestly don't know how much I could get done in April, but I guess "up to the next act/chapter" works. I could maybe even do that in a week if I pushed myself (it's just a couple of maps and maybe one scene), but given my habit of losing focus and not doing anything for ages...
    And I want to wait for any players or testers to confirm they can get to the end of the demo, in case things yet need marginal adjustments so I'm not building difficulty atop of a too high a difficulty...

atoms and Marquise* like this.