Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

6iWn7y4.png

If you've joined us before, you know what to do!

If you're new - this is a place where you can post what you hope to accomplish this

month and let us know how it's going! Feel free to jump in!

Balako

PattyCake assosiation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
N/A
i hope i can make a game the consist of many mini games xD

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Given recent developments, I'l be making costumes for a couple weeks, but when I'm not working on that, I'm waiting for the next Medieval release to see what new resources were added. I might need to augment some story parts do to resources available, or weather I was to make the game shorter in general and move on to other part of the series, making them a short game series.

TheAlexG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lots of work to do this month. I'm not getting much sleep this month, I can already tell...

- Finish Demo for two games early in the month.

- Finish the next map/area of Labyrinth 1. (Basically get 2/3 ways through)

Both are practice for getting myself used to switches and variables and scripting/event-ing in general, as that's one bit of experience I'm lacking (among many things, but steps).

- Write out the rest of the story for Labyrinth 1, along with other details.

- Make an attempt at pixel art, and do art in general, and start practicing that for future developments (Gonna get that tablet, since my other one died on me).

- Finish some of the writing for another project.

Gonna be focusing on a lot of story and writing, along with events and all, since I'm new to it, and kinda teaching myself as I go.

As a side note;

- Buy lots and lots of caffeine. 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I made this today! (or yesterday since it's still March where I am) I'm VERY proud of myself! Yeah, I know it's simple and not much compared to what you RPG Maker experts can make, but hey, I feel proud regardless. This is the first event I made that wasn't one that just tested text boxes or battle tests.

As for goals? Probably just what I normally do. Maps, skill creation. Maybe I can make a demo...

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For April my goals are as follows:

-Event out the Tower of Storms, an optional mid level dungeon the party can go to in the game. It's already mapped, just need to event it.

-Map out the town of Silverdale, where Chapter 6 will take place.

-Event events up to Silverdale.

-Plan out how my optional high level dungeon is going to go (Dwarfen Training Grounds).

Optional Stretch Goals:

-Event out mini-game #3 for the Crossroads. I already know what it is, just need to sit down and do it now.

-Finish off 1 town's quests completely. This means all side quests for that town for the game done. Since Chapters 7 - 9 should not be adding any new side quests to towns, I figure this is the time to work on this.

-Finish Chapter 6. This is probably too much to do in a month, but I put it here anyways.

-Sleep. Wait, what's that? :)

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This month, I can get back to my main project and I PROMISE I'll really work on it this time! So these are the goals I have:

-Work on balancing my main game (I don't have a specific goal on this, since I don't know how well this will go)

-Finish the animations for another persons game I'm helping with

-Add the minigame into my side project.

Okay, I hope I'll get these done by the end of the month, especially because university is starting soon, too.

ksart

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, here goes.. I'm not good at keeping to goals so I figured I'd make just a couple to start and this post goes towards my first goal which is.....
To stop being such a lurker and get more involved in the community! (by the way.... hi!)

My main goal for this month is to finish my main character models for my 3d to 2d project. Which involves modeling, texturing, animating, rendering and sheeting. I already have 3 out of 7 modeled/textured. (test results can be seen in my avatar, got the walk cycle down to 8 frames!)

If I finish that goal then I might do some concept art for towns folk or move on to battler models.

Bonus goal is to finish mapping out the world of my first game and event the main story. I've been stuck at 1/4-1/3 done since February.

So not very many goals but the main one is very intensive so we'll see. Mostly I wanted to get a bit more involved here and this looked like the best way to start!

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some good progress here: went into April adding switches for door and light events, and spent an hour - (an hour) - thinking about what tile to use on part of the floor of part of a cellar.

Go figure!! :D

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goals for April :

- Finish mission IX (I am half done so it should be easy)

- Start mission X. I might be able to finish it in the month and start mission XI or not, depending if I have to go to Paris for work or not.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My April goals: finish some graphics work I am doing for my dungeon runner, then turn my attention back to my apparently-buggy dungeon script and debug, debug, debug. Sigh. Needs to be done.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
okay so my stuff.....

• release more pages for my webcomics
  • releasing stuff for restaff
  • working on the game I do with @Amysaurus c:
  • eating....pizza!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Most of the stuff on this list is repeating what I wrote in the February/January(?) goals thread:

• Make Restaff stuff
  • Finish two sprites I started on way back
  • Finish database for MV game
  • Finish Bremen area for main game

Let's hope I can do some of these this time around. :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
4.1 Update: Spent today writing up the events for the Tower of Storms. Now you can go in, fight monsters, and grab the treasures. Also implemented a developer's island, where all the unplaced quest items are. This way I can test quest flow even if a dungeon for an item is not implemented yet. And ,since you have to cheat with CTRL to get to the island, not like a player can get there.

luzi

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spent entire day drawing character's bust shot. (People asked my so often I just want to get it over with.)

a0Vqyym.jpg

My goals for this month
- All artwork in prologue (5 bust shots, 2 weapons artwork)
- Redesign a main character and weapon (Only one)
- Add missing support skill animation and debuff
- Make a map for prologue (2 tilesets to be done)
- Battlers for enemy in Prologue
- Add missing character set in prologue (To be continued in the next months)
- Commission for 3D model of dragon in cutscene

Last edited by a moderator:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
April Goals:

-Populate the maps.

-Get new items to compliment the armor customisation.

-Ready for release of the disc 1 update.

-Open source the launcher .

Progress Report #1:

-Started populating Rengrum. I'm adding additional maps for the buildings.

-Added a few armor pieces (since you can customise the armor).

-Working on the AI of Robert (he is not controllable by the player when he is in the party). He plays more of a healer in one scene.

-Half of the last scene is almost complete. I need to fix up the path-finding.

-Still working on the installer's dependency installer. I can't test it somehow since a) I don't have a computer to test it and b. I cannot remove the framework, since I also need it for Visual Studio.

Misc:

-So, Microsoft announced that Xamarin is now free for small teams of 5 or lower. I was left disappointed since I can't target Mac directly from Visual Studio and I miss the UI editing of Windows Forms. But hey, it's at least nice to have (I am not building a Mac version of the launcher, since I don't have neither a Mac nor RMMV).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.
I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayJHatchet