Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Forgot to post yesterday ^^°
Anyway, I've been busy this week with my work for another game I'm helping with and university. Hopefully, I'll be able to get more time soon, so I can focus on my own game. ^^°

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Azurecyan : 75% ? You're almost done, then. Keep it up :)  

@Idril : As long as you add even one word, it can be considered as progress. There is no rush for creating a game, take your time.

@bgillisp : Phone me when you rule this universe, I'll give you a job that migh interest you :D

@ksart : I see, good luck then, it will be tough ^^

@luzi : Good luck for the language database. I noticed it is pretty long to translate everything I write in English too ^^

@Little Adventurer : Congrats for your first skill. How many skills do you need to add ? :)

@BlackRoseMii : And meanwhile, the balancing... :D (Tell me if you're sick that I always come back to this ^^)

My update :

Missions II, III and V are not adjusted for the new characters (Only secondary missions needed to be changed, that's why I didn't speak about missions I and IV). Only two more to go, which should be done today. Hence, I should realease v2.08 at the same time :D  

To celebrate the fact that my age is changing and that now I have a week off, here is a picture of all the sideview actors encountered in my game until now, a nice panel :D  

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First skill? No, this isn't my first, it's just one that's been giving me trouble for awhile.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress Report #3 (16/4/2016)

-Finished with Robert's AI.

-Added a few side missions.

-Ironing out some bugs present on the last scene.

Misc:

-The new hard drive works as expected. I have re-purposed my old one as a new primary for my friend's laptop (hers is 7 years old). Things went smooth there too (although I need to keep an eye out for anything going wrong).

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@phonantiphon: Animations? Can't wait! I know I'll need to change my animations at some point, but it's been on the backburner. Maybe now that I got my icons taken care of?

@Little Adventurer: Glad it is working now!

@luzi: Ah, I see. Just made me think of it for some reason or other.  

@ksart: Yikes. The month of bad luck for you?

@blackrosemii: You could still post progress for the game you are helping with. It's still progress after all.

@schlangan: Ha. Nice. And did I see right that today is your birthday? Happy birthday! Do your mimions (sp?) get to eat cake today?

@Aceofaces_Mod: Looks like decent progress there.

4.16 Update: Evented the sequence where the party grabs a wardstone and runs for the hills today. Now you can finish that sequence, and head towards the area where you need the wardstone for. Also implemented another inn, as I realized that the party had no where to rest and heal right now as all of the inns in the area were pending implementation.

Also added the monsters to the Tir Koraz Ice Caves. There's still no treasure, so little point in taking on these monsters, but they're at least implemented if you wish to fight them. Also added the lore signs, in case you wish to follow the official tour route (which has no monsters on it except for quest or plot reasons).

Still early in my time zone, so there might be more progress today still, but I think it's going to be little stuff from here out all the rest of the day (fixing treasures, testing zones, etc).

Edit: So I started playing around in the animation editor. 3 hours later (most of that learning what everything did) resulted in this animation for the spell Nova. Thoughts?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I actually made these awhile back, but hey, why not show them off here?

Emotes are fun!

Here's Alto- "Huh?!", "I'm happy!", "I'm angry!", "I'm worried...", "I'm suspicious...", "I'm scared!!", "I'm confident!", "I'm sad!"

15x4bgg.jpg

Here's Aria- "I'm sad!", "I'm scared!!", "I'm happy!", "I'm angry!", "I'm worried...", "I'm crafty!", "Huh?!", "I'm suspicious..."

f0t1jn.jpg

Here's Minuet- "I'm sad!", "I'm suspicious...", "I'm scared!!", "I'm crafty!", "I'm angry!", "I'm worried...", "I'm happy!", "Huh?!"

2l9qgy9.jpg

And I actually have THREE sets of emotes for Quintus- Normal, Young, and Corrupted.

Here's Normal!Quintus- "Huh?!", "I'm sad!". "I'm suspicious...", "I'm happy!", "I'm scared!!", "I'm angry!", "I'm confident!", "I'm worried..."

2mfkcxz.jpg

Here's Young!Quintus (and yes, don't worry I'll fix his facial structure, he's supposed to be teenage/twenties here and the jawline doesn't match that sorry)- "I'm scared!!", "I'm angry!", "I'm happy!", "Huh?!", "I'm confident!", "I'm suspicious...", "I'm sad!", "I'm worried..."

2mmg6sh.jpg

And lastly, here's Corrupted!Quintus- "Huh? What? N-no, I'm FINE! Don't worry about me!", "Must kill! So angry!", "...Guys? Guys?! I'm scared... PLEASE HELP ME!!", "Thank you... ^_^ Don't weep for me, Minuet. I'm finally free...", "*dead*", "What are your orders, master?", "I'm sorry!", "ACK! I'VE BEEN STABBED!!!"

309lhk3.jpg

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AceOfAces_Mod : Bugs ares pesky and always appear even though you checked everything ^^'

@bgillisp: Thank you. Nope, I didn't eat cake, I'm not too fond of them. Instead, I got to release v2.08 of my game :D . As for your nova demonstration, the dragons seems strong for your party ^^'

@Little Adventurer : Emotes, I did a few for my characters too, though less than you. 

My progress :

Version 2.08 is out :) . So, as we say "no rest for the weary", I started to map the next mission   :D . This one is quite fun to map, as all the maps are linked to the maps of the other missions of the same planet. Of course, going there is useless, and the characters will say so, but on my global map, everything will be linked. As this mission is relatively short, I can expect to finish it very soon. 

I was wondering about something, and maybe you all can enlighten me. As the game takes for now 8 hours play, wouldn't it be time for me to switch it to "development project" instead of "early feedback" ? I still wonder since of course the final game will be at least 50 times this length. But since the game will be subdivided in subgames, I can't decide. What do you think ?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Little Adventurer: Nice.

@Schlangan: The dragon is supposed to be OP, and Nova is an endgame spell, so the ~4400 HP Josie took in that video is normal at that point in time. Now if they meet the dragon whey they are supposed to, it might go a little better. As for your question, I'd move it over to project development, I did that with my game a few months ago for similar reasons.

4.17 Update: Did a run through of one of my optional dungeons, and made a few more animations. Now we have a different animation for Armageddon, Absolute Zero, Cold Strike, Hurl Fire, and Water Magic's version of Heal. Also have a rough animation for Healing Showers, but might redo it, will see what I think of it in testing.

Now hopefully the animations go faster than 5 in a day, else I'll be at this for a while.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Progress Report #4

-Setted up a file watcher so it monitor the save folder. This will be used so when the user actually saves, then it will trigger the backup routine once the game closes.

-Working on adding the option to backup the settings.

-I'm pretty close to finish the last scene.

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp - It looks cool :D  And what do you mean about animations going faster than 5? You're doing 5+ animations per day?  :o

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I am currently in a very slow phase right now sadly, still doing alot of fixing with my events primary issues are errors I got when trying to re-enter a map or load from a previous save slot npc's and monsters reset to their original positions. 

I got the game finished but didnt expect a problem with events like this would happen so everything I have to overhaul and do some fixings... I should have test play the game earlier to find out about those events reset problems.

Some solutions I made thanks to the help and suggestions of fellow forum members:

- use YEP save event locations ( I find this very usefull but some events still resets I need to check again everything)

- I make each npc's,monsters make use of self switches and events also set everything to "Set movement route: This event"

Map012.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marsigne: Yep. Though I'm still using the RTP animation sheets. 5 a day would be impossible without them. So its more a matter of changing hues to match what the spell should look like, splicing parts from existing animations that work just fine, and adding in new parts as needed. For example, I got 3 new Energy spell animations since my last post just by taking 3 existing animations and changing the hue of the animation. And now Purple Ball actually looks, well, Purple :)  

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
littleadventurer:

Hi littleadventurer Im very proud to say yes I love rtp maps but as you can see I did some little modifications/changes around 30% so technically its my own made map :D and to all guys who posting their game progress here I give two thumbs up for you all. 

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@jaypee That map weirds me out a little. Like where the stairs happen and the floor levels go up and the walls are still 2 tiles high and the wall tops are still even all the way across.

I've been... not working on RM stuff at all this week. Maybe a bit of tileset here or there... Largely, however, I've been working on jewelry supply stuff. Getting new gemstones, making new individual parts to put together in a single piece and preparing my workspace for use again

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spent yesterday working on making a Gorilla in a monkey suit walk.  
8Ohs9m6.gif
 Now I can make a base.  

I originally had it with both knuckles moving at the same time and it looked like he was dancing instead or lunging forward.  I'll keep that happy mistake as a potential behavior.  A quick video of a gorilla knuckle walking helped me fix it up.

CnkxUHa.gif

I've gotten the bear base done along with a few behaviors.

zny2zq4.gif

I have polar and black variants as well.

Both are in POP Horror Style.

@Kloe No problem.  I'll take another crack at it eventually this weekend.  There is a scene and a puzzle that requires dancing, so nothing will be wasted.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I originally had it with both knuckles moving at the same time and it looked like he was dancing instead or lunging forward.

CnkxUHa.gif

Um... These are amazing but to me he still looks like he's dancing. I love it though!

Wait, how did you mention me without editing!?! You must be magic! He can see the future! SEND IN THE PSYCHIC DANCING MONKEYS!!

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp : 5 animations a day might be very good if you are drawing every frame yourself though ^^

@jaypee : You could create variables that register through a parallel event the coordinates of the events. Then, you put an autorun event at the start which set the events location instantly (the autorun event is triggered by a switch that resets when you exit the map)

@BananaThug : The fact about dancing; if you loop the gif in a static position it might appear as dancing, but if the map or the characters are moving, the feeling of dance is strongly attenuated. 

@Kloe : As soon as you add a name with the @ command, even through edit, the target person automatically receives a notification. It helps answering through an edit, without having to doublepost for example.

My update :

Long live the holidays ! By working at full power the maximum of hours a day I could do, I managed to add a new mission in three days \o/. Of course, I didn't have to draw new enemies, simple recolors of them, so it was faster. Version 2.09 is released.

Now, I'll be able to take a look at the extended MV generator a bit, and start working on mission XI, the one who brings two new characters and sadly marks the departure of the four soldiers we played for 8 hours and a half :(. This mission is the last I did on RPG Maker XP. After this, completely new things :D

Phonantiphon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Steady progress thus far this month...

• I've got "The Great Forest - North" mapped out pretty much. I really wanted to do that as it gives me some context - (and break from) - with regards to the Farmhouse\Cellar\Barn combo which I'm in the main working on, as that's primarily Prologue, whereas the forest section is in the "Main" part of the game\story.

The forest will be actually eventually consisting of 4 x (30 x 30) maps - (North, South, East, West).

[*]Spent some of the morning working on search descriptions for cupboards and drawers and so forth in the farmhouse, as well as roughing out the dialog for what's really the final section of the prologue.

[*]I've some music to finish off, that will be played over the title screen, and some further prologue music to re-edit and finalise.

[*]I need to add in some sound effects into the farmhouse - stairs and clocks and so forth.

[*]The game is not going to actually have a "World Map" per-se, but Kell will have a Map - which will be a picture, that will show the main geographical and populated features of the world. So I've been looking at ideas for that, too.

[*]One important thing that I do need to do is strip out a lot of the tilesets that I am no longer using, as the number in the game directory is starting to get out of hand, as I tend to just knock one together when I need one and use it... :unsure:

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Steady progress thus far this month...

• One important thing that I do need to do is strip out a lot of the tilesets that I am no longer using, as the number in the game directory is starting to get out of hand, as I tend to just knock one together when I need one and use it... :unsure:

I do this too, but I started to keep this down by sort of following the RM default of having a "theme" tileset... Make a town one and oh, this next town needs a few extra building designs? Add them in. Some different decor? Lots of space in B-E. If you arrange things smart, it goes quite well. If you know you're going to have more town-type buildings than you have tileset space, then plan the ones you need and make two tileset groups. I try my best to avoid duplication of tileset parts, but I'm also one of those strange people trying to optimize file size any way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.
For anyone interested: there's another huge humble bundle with JRPG assets + a game jam starting next month - it's for a good cause, so check it out <3
Turning a specific vibe into reality is incredibly difficult. For instance, this song is one of the ones I listen to when working on my post apocalyptic project, and getting it's "feeling" into the game has been a real challenge.

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.

Edit: All (Most) of these will be tested in game prior. I just wanna make sure I understand what's going on under the hood if you will.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traviscot