April Goals & Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mlogan, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Chiara, hope they wont land here with their chem canister because I haven't planned to have a kitty sitter out of house.

I'm doing my best to keep some digital space time for all of you and a pangofly dragon. Sorry, I kinda know I can be like 32 hours on a sprite without noticing so... I kinda limit my time where I don't want to limit my time :( (SPam... I wanted it finished by end of month and busk more!)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Marsigne likes this.
  2. Amysaurus

Amysaurus Digital Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Let's see... today I finished carving some blocks of linoleum for my printmaking final, and finished up the first 5 seconds of my 3D/Character Animation final.

:kaodes: My progress for project-related things was kinda thrown out of whack by uni projects and lack of sleep, but I managed to at least get started on a portrait tonight:
    [​IMG]

3. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is that a Dalph reference xD?

Marsigne likes this.
  4. Amysaurus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Kyuukon He was never intended to be, but enough people think so that I should probably just roll with it. :guffaw:

This was just me tossing together some random portrait frames, but here's an animation test I made of him:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Marsigne, Marquise* and Kyuukon like this.
  5. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Finish this animation if possible... "no shading as still playing with the actual animation"
    There's only 4 frames of animation right now so still some tweaking to do.
    [​IMG]
    This is eyeballed, wasn't using anything like onion skinning which probably would have helped with the legs.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Marsigne, Marquise* and GoodSelf like this.
  6. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As April is coming to an end, I thought I would share my progress on my goals for the month for those who are interested :cutesmile:
    I managed to put up my project post, which I'm happy with. Unfortunately, I may not be able to get my early dev build out by the end of April, and I might need to push it back another week to finish adding features and playtesting.

I might still make my goal, but it's looking pretty scary :o
    Nonetheless, I'm excited to post my demo soon!

Marsigne, Marquise* and Shinma like this.
  7. Jiffy

Jiffy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well, I'm back to this place again lol, I actually accomplished a lot of things.
    - Tool animations - Complete
    - Axe system - Complete
    - Redo entire HUD plugin and graphics - Complete
    - Complete a working grid inventory plugin - Complete
    - Commision OST stuff - Complete
    - Redo town interiors - Complete
    - Translation plugin - Incomplete Unfortunately the plugin is still not working the way I want it to, I don't think it will be possible as it would require manually changing the engine (which terminates the EULA.)

I didn't complete as much as I wanted done and now I'm going on a forced vacation, without a computer, so no more progress. I will attempt to refine a few plugins from my iPad however.

All in all a pretty mediocre month, I blame most of it on all the exits I've been studying for.

Marsigne, GoodSelf, Marquise* and 2 others like this.
  8. Lantiz

Lantiz Biterkid Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys / gals

I just finished the skill hotbar. It's possible to use skills on the player/party.
    Hotbars.png

My goals:
    • Create a plugin for input customization (done)
    • Create a hotbar plugin to use items and equip weapons on the map scene (done)
    • Create a hotbar plugin to use skills on the map scene (done)
    Looks like I'm done this month.

I'll delay the implementation of the "tile interaction" (items and skills interacting with the map tiles) for now, because it's going to be part of the crafting system.

I came up with a combat system that seems to be funny and I'll be working on it.
    So, this is my to do list:
    • Add entities to events (actors and enemies);
    • Player apply items on events;
    • Player apply skills on events;
    • Follower apply skills on player;
    • Follower apply skills on events;
    • Events apply skills on the player;
    • Events apply skills on each other;
    I'll see what I can do this mont still.
    If I don't be back, I'll see you all on the next month thread [:

Good luck everyone!

Marsigne, GoodSelf and Marquise* like this.
  9. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update:

1) Improved Icon sheet completed.
    2) Database updated in skills, states, armor, weapons, & items tabs, with improved icons.
    3) Additional basic monster types created for a total of 145 & additional troop elements created for a total of 143, so visual encounters for all the basic monster types can be assigned to maps now. Though I still need to create monster & troop files for NPC type (humans/elves/etcetera) battlers & bosses.

Resuming work on the maps by adding greater detail to break up the current linearity of the field maps. I think I'll start with the coast lines, after that I'll move on to the rivers, lakes, & ponds.

Marsigne and Marquise* like this.
  10. EliteZeon

EliteZeon Third-Rate Noob Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Moar conceptual stuff and sprites.

I'm liking how my overworlds are coming out at the moment... now if only I could get around to doing their side views, back views and movement animations, and then making a standard template.

Golem Battler - Need to make the attack animations and such, took me 1 hour and 10min to make the battler and animate the idle pose if you're curious.
    [​IMG]

Overworld NPC sprites for the Tutorial Dungeon. Ancient Warriors, Skeleton Warrior, and a Ghost.
    [​IMG]

Overworld NPC sprites for some villagers.
    [​IMG]

Overworld NPC sprites for members of the Magical Priory of Research (top) and the Sashnean Church (bottom)
    I couldn't get the Wizard Hat idea right with the guy on the top left. T_T
    [​IMG]

Pen Sketches for Sprites, Plot and Lore Ideas

[​IMG]

11. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Sorry everyone... I guess with the cleaning everything... my creativity is down now...Plus hospital called me back to do me further... err tests. -_-; Next in the list of things I need is being probed by aliens!

@EliteZeon your sprites are refreshing eye candies for someone a wee bit beaten down by life now. :3

Marsigne and EliteZeon like this.
  12. Arithmetician

Arithmetician Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Pretty much none for the last few days... I've been either doing part-time work, completing final projects, or playing Persona 5 again. Great game, though.

Marsigne likes this.
  13. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And I forgot to post in here again :kaosigh:. Well then, congratulations to everyone for your progress this month.

My update :

I'm done with adding the ability to skip cutscenes all along the game. It took quite a while to implement it in every mission, but it is now properly working. This is a good thing done.

Next plans :

Concerning mission 23, I started designing the city the party will run through. Confronted with the final boss, they cannot hope to face him at this point, so they can only run away (you can fight him but even lvl.99 he'll just mop the floor with you at 20% of his base strength - that's how strong he is). During the escape, the boss will chase the party for fun, and destroy the city bit by bit. This is will be quite interesting to map, and the player will have to be careful. If he gets hit by the attacks, instant game over. So, some sort of minigame, a tad stressful for the player :D

The whole city won't be mapped though, as most parts will be blocked off by destructions. The player must reach the military base before the next cutscene can start.

14. Amysaurus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I've pretty much been working on my finals, so I don't have too much to show right now, unfortunately. Here's a portrait I started on about an hour ago, though:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Marsigne, Chiara, Marquise* and 2 others like this.
  15. EliteZeon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Marquise* Thank you for following my slow and tedious progress. I am thinking of possibly doing a commentated video tutorial on making animated battlers. So you all may get a chance to hear my beautifully nerdy voice. Either way, I'm glad I am able to cheer you up in some manner.

I'm not really active in the forums, so unfortunately I don't really know whats going on with your situation. But hang in there buddy. I'll share my down in the dumps life experience at the moment:

Five years ago my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and then began radiation therapy and chemotherapy. I thought that was one of the worst things to ever happen to my household. But then my mother recovered after a year of treatment and has been healthy ever since.

But, three years ago, my father got multiple strokes that left him unable to work. The cause was from him ignoring doctor visits for over 15 years and never finding out he had high blood pressure, cholesterol, and was an alcohol and smoking addict. Also turned out he had multiple minor strokes years before (I recalled he always complained about headaches but refused to see anyone about it). A year of therapy and it seemed like my Dad was recovering, he was unable to drive and work, but he was active physically and mentally. Just last year he started shouting things that didn't make sense and started wandering around at night and day. After I found him about to cross a busy intersection, I forced him to the emergency clinic as he was cursing my mother and myself out. We had learned he developed vascular dementia due to the vast amount of strokes he had in his lifetime. From June to November we had to monitor him and made sure he didn't wander into the street. Mid November we called emergency services as he threatened me and was carrying a hammer and screw-driver, while banging on my locked bedroom door. Three months ago he became bed bound, unable to walk and lost over 40lbs in a few months. Even now as I type he is shouting incoherent delusions.

Things may sometimes seem like they are ending and there is that weight of dread that always looms over you and a tug that gravitates down to the earth. Situations may even get worse and it becomes harder and harder to hold your composure. Unfortunately you have to hold out and try to get used to the burdens that is life.

In the five year time span that these all these events happened, I started failing lots and lots of college classes... Back in 2010, I graduated from my highschool as one of the top 20 students. I started getting really sick, getting a kidney stone last year, pneumonia the year before that. My lungs and sinus still give me several issues, even now as I type I feel the post nasal drip trickling. I didn't have pharmaceutical insurance for the past six years, so I actually had to pay well over $100-$200 for a 30 day supply of some medications just to keep my cough somewhat suppressed. I withdrew from my all classes during the 2016 Fall Semester (this being the 3rd time I took these classes by the way), as my Dad's conditions worsened, and I didn't even take any classes for this Spring.

Things are somewhat starting to look up however, as I managed to land a job, despite not having any experience on my resume. I've been working for about a year now. I managed to snag some insurance three months ago, for the time being, so medication that formally cost me $100 dropped to $3. And four months ago, after a heated incident, medication came in for my father to at the very least calm, his delusions and make him less prone to enraged outbursts. His dementia had become much more manageable. With the main downer as he eventually became bed bound and developed ulcers due to immobility. But we're trying to manage it. I plan on going back to college once things begin to re-stabilize. If not, then well I may as well continue with the flow and figure it out from there.

Hang on to what makes you happy, but don't let escapism take over. Thread what gives you a smile, but remain in reality and do what you can to get over the hole you've found yourself in. Even now there are weights still on me and I am dragging my feet across this muddy hole of life, but I am not as deep as I was beforehand or perhaps the weight isn't as heavy as they used to be.

Good luck with your current situation Marquise, I hope things work out for you.

tldr/For everyone else, when life gives you weights, start bench-pressing with them and grow stronger. Or something like that... maybe it involved lemons and lemonade? Either way, stay positive everyone.

-edit-
    Shazbot! I forgot I had heated up food, its all cold now since it was sitting out when I was typing this! XD
    To the microwave we go!

16. Arithmetician

Arithmetician Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Got to do some more brainstorming. Decided how I'd fix the issues with Yanfly's Power Charge and Mind Charge - I'll just apply states doubling ATK and tripling MAG until the end of the next turn. I simulated some numbers for these on my calculator, and it seems to work as I need it to. Edit: And now the basic versions of these new skills are implemented, expiring after the user's next action.

Decided on a short skill list for the Monks.

Sweep Kick
    One-Two Punch
    Pressure Point
    Meditation
    Vacuum Wave
    Ki Blast
    Earth Press
    Combo Rush

Also, brainstormed some more ideas on fixing the Elementalist's passives, and came up with two more Mimicry skills, one of which was inspired by Persona 5's Lucky Punch/Miracle Punch.

Edit: Discovered that Dual-Casting does not seem to work with extra turns.

Edit 2: Curiously, Dual-Casting doesn't seem to trigger either when the state that triples Magic is active either. It works otherwise though. I'll have to look into this later. I wonder if it's an issue with state priorities.

17. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @EliteZeon You have a new following contact now. I promise I will remember to stay balanced on that life line tight rope now. Yes escapism is easy... Might try to balance well. I can fall very well also into lot of work too because I never see the time pass when I work and could wake up to the next week if I start. (I used to be a traditional pen and paper ol'animator in the time cell-vinyl was in use and we had real films in cameras to actually really shoot cartoons. :p So... yeah 72hours days LOL But yeah that and Pepsi fuel kinda made me who I am. I must admit computer made me both the best and worst that I am today.) *sends cybermental love and support your way*

@Amysaurus I like how your pixelation turns out over your own rough. Hope there is a way to save the rough for a bust or an art-book.

All right, tomorrow 24hours for tail and wings... Then apparently the very first of may... roach control and apparently my cats can stay home! PHEW! (Well if roaches eats bedbugs... I just can be afraid of them because of social constraints. So no biggies when we start to understand the critters and have not much already to eat so they might starve faster than us!)

EliteZeon likes this.
  18. EliteZeon

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A little bit of a present for everyone. I got some lowkey goals done this month, on my personal facebook page I started doing timelapse videos for painting and such and showing them off to my personal friends.

This time around, I got to record myself making battlers for RPGMaker and I just typed out a tutorial on making Animated Battlers. So hopefully whenever it gets approved, check out my tutorial over the Non-Specific RPGMaker Tutorial area. In the meantime, I'll share with yall these vids!

Best of luck to everyone!

Marsigne, Chiara and Marquise* like this.
  19. Amysaurus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @Marquise* Thanks! And yeah, I may try and get the sketches of my characters scanned in sometime. It's always fun to see how much they've changed through different mediums. ^^

I went ahead and tweaked a few things on her. There a few more things to fix, like, uh.... she still needs wings lol. Those will have to wait until later, though! :smile:
    [​IMG]

Marsigne, EliteZeon and Marquise* like this.
  20. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    progress Report #6
    Immortal Sins
    -Editing some skills so are a bit more useful.
    -Built a bug tracking site. It was really painful (since it broke when I switched over to PHP 7), but it works well now. The web server doesn't have an SSL certificate, so until I find a way to safely save info, I have allowed anonymous users to submit issues. Why I did this? I wanted something more useful than Google Forms.
    Here's the website: http://northbridgemantis.890m.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.