English
Primarily Uses
Sprite Zoom Version 1.0.0
by
Aramis-IX
 ​
Sprite Zooming.png

Introduction
Zoom events, the player and follower sprites! An adaption of Tsukihime's “Character Sprite Zooming” script for Ace.

Features

Zoom or shrink a sprite's width and height independently (or uniformly). Zoom animation(s) over time (or instantly).

How to Use
Execute the following SCRIPT calls from any event or moveroute (Sprite Zoom does not support plugin commands):

SpriteZoom.zoom(ID, zoom);
SpriteZoom.zoom(ID, zoom, duration);
SpriteZoom.zoom(Id, zoom, duration, zoom_y);
SpriteZoom.zoom(ID, zoom, duration, zoom_y, duration_y);

**ID is the ID of the event in question**

1-9999    =         Event number on map

0              =         Your player

-1              =         Follower 1

-2              =         Follower 2

-3              =         Follower 3

**ZOOM is a percentage**

1 equates to 100%

0.5 to 50% (half the size)

2 to 200% (double the size)

The duration value allows you to create a zoom animation over-time (in frames). It can be an integer that is 0 or higher.

NOTE: For more detailed information and examples please view the plugin's "help" section in RPGMaker MV.

Script
SpriteZoom

Right-click link and select "Save Link As"

Dependencies

None

FAQ

Q: Will Plugin Commands be supported eventually?
A: Perhaps later... I was unable to get Plugin Commands to operate as effectively as Script Calls, so they were removed from the initial release.

Credit and Thanks
- Aramis-IX
- Tsukihime (Hime from HimeWorks.com)

- Nelderson

Terms & Conditions

Free for non-commercial and commercial use.

Author's Notes
Unfortunately, I can only provide a limited amount of technical support for this plugin. I'm fairly new to JavaScript and the amount of time I have on hand is fairly restrictive. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very good script so far. :) So I don't need to scale graphics manually.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is probably the most fun plugin I've played with for ages! I can make giant people to crush the nation!! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love it so much I made a funny screenshot!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she can... she's like 3 times as big as them!!  BD Dragonspear 10_12_2015 18_46_21.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake Aran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Just what I needed! Works perfectly! Thank you very much!

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also want to say I'm grateful for this as I'm making a point and click adventure game where character scaling is essential.

Thanks a lot!

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a request:

I would like it if there was a script command to zoom the event that the script runs from.

e.g.                      -4     =     Current Event

The reason I need this is I'm using an event copy plugin, so my events have varying ID's across maps.

Diatonis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Really cool plug-in that works beautifully, and with no lag or glitchy behavior. Thanks!

Aramis-IX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ZcheK, you can reference the current event's ID using a bit of code (its pretty simple though). Use this._eventId or this.eventId() in place of the eventId number in the script call. For Example: SpriteZoom.zoom(this._eventIdzoom, duration, zoom_y, duration_y);

Aramis-IX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a request:

I would like it if there was a script command to zoom the event that the script runs from.

e.g.                      -4     =     Current Event

The reason I need this is I'm using an event copy plugin, so my events have varying ID's across maps.

Let me know if you encounter any problems. 

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ZcheK, you can reference the current event's ID using a bit of code (its pretty simple though). Use this._eventId or this.eventId() in place of the eventId number in the script call. For Example: SpriteZoom.zoom(this._eventIdzoom, duration, zoom_y, duration_y);
 Both work great, thanks Aramis-IX

IAmVianca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can't seem to get this to work.

I've tried putting it on the event itself, then on a custom move route, then on a event that controls the cutscene and I can't get the sprite I want to shrink.

I'm using the code: SpriteZoom.zoom(6, 0.5);

6 is the event ID I want to shrink the sprite of.

I am also using the script that zooms in on the characters (which this event is a part of), which is:

var xPos = $gameMap.event(6).screenX();

var yPos = $gameMap.event(6).screenY();

$gameScreen.startZoom(xPos, yPos, 1.5, 20);

Can someone help me get this working, please?

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey thanks, very nice for xyZ mapping

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This doesn't seem to be compatible with Quxios QPathfind plugin, it's an extension of his pixel based movement plugin to calculate move to mouse routes better, any idea how I could get them working together?

EDIT: NVM he's fixed it in the latest update.

Last edited:

Jonath4nC

Kiwi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Aramis for this script, its awesome!

So I'm thinking of using this as a way to give my game depth. Could there be a way to alter the actor's scale depending on his/her y axis along individual pixels (not by grid)? So the further up the actor is on the map, the smaller he/she gets and the lower the actor is, the larger he/she gets.

I was also thinking that the speed of the actor would appear slower the further away he/she is (take longer to get from one side to the other on the x axis), so I'm wondering if there is also a way to change the actor's speed according to their y axis as well? (I did notice though, when you did this through events, the animation is slower which is not what I want haha. So if the actor could be slower, but keep the same frame-rate?)

...but of course I understand if you are unable to help out with that. Perhaps there's someone else who might see this and be able to help?
Anyway, thanks regardless!

EDIT: That last request is quite different to this script. Perhaps I'll put this as an actual request on the request topic in a few days...

Psycha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
How do I install/Use it? Sorry I am a noob.

Gabezin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It's possible to zoom a map and characters without zooming the parallax background?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP