Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Arc Engine
by Khas Arcthunder

Introduction:
Arc Engine is a complete platform engine for RPG Maker. It makes the creation of platform games very easy and accessible, without losing performance and it's realistic physics.

Features:
- Realistic Physics
- Perfect Collisions
- Gravity
- Air Resistance
- Friction
- Jump
- Groundpound
- Wall kicks
- Physics Editor
- Custom Commands
- High Performance
- Platforms
- Stairs
- And more!

Media:

Links:
Terms of Use: English - Read before use
Download: English - Latest version
Blog: Click here!

Important:

I no longer offer support for this script (why?).

Credits:
Created by Khas Arcthunder
Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shahan

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Having tried this, I think you did a wonderful job at making a platformer! It takes a while to get used to the wall kicks and the jumping, but it was fun.

I'd love to make a game with this engine someday.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This system is pretty damn awesome and easy to use.

However, I am finding one thing that bothers me. In the physics editer, my maps tend to load nearly all red, which is unpassable. I then have to go through and manually delete all the red blocks to get to edit the level. Would it be possible to get a "clear all" button to clear all the red? Another cool option could be a paint bucket type tool to fill in areas with the red as well.

Also, using this system, would it be at all possible some way (probably through events) to come up with a health or life system so that we dont get an auto game over when we fall down a hole? Have the player reappear back on the last block they were standing on when they left the ground (as they jump or even fall right off the ground).

Anyways, this system is probably one of the best scripts I have seen on Ace so far. I almost recommend using this over a platform game maker because of the sheer ease of use. I mean, it may not be quite as powerful as a maker that is designed to make platform games, but this already has tons of features, is very stable, and allows customization of almost every aspect of the system.

JmLyan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Also, using this system, would it be at all possible some way (probably through events) to come up with a health or life system so that we dont get an auto game over when we fall down a hole? Have the player reappear back on the last block they were standing on when they left the ground (as they jump or even fall right off the ground).
The only thing falling down a hole really does is set a switch (by default switch 1). The Game Over in the demo is handled via a common event that triggers when that switch is on. Just modify that event to include a life system.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That actually was a really good idea. The fact that I missed that makes me feel a bit stupid now, lol. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Internetakias

RPG Maker VX Ace Noob :P
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Pretty neat script! Here are some of my suggestions:

Add a select and fill tool to the physics editor, cause that would make editing physics a lot more precise.

Implement wall sliding, as wall jumping is near impossible to do at the momment without having fast reflexes.

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey....i cant download it for some reason. Could you plz give me a different link? Mediafire dosent work for me half the time for some reason. :(

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For me the terms of use link doesn't work.   :( Could anyone tell me if the Arc Engine can be used for commercial use? (For a game you have to buy) 

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Way to necro-post, Ninjaroy.

But, the download link is down, too.

lol

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Way to necro-post, Ninjaroy.

But, the download link is down, too.

lol
I know where a working download link is, I just really want to know if anyone knows the terms. I'm not specifically asking Khas.

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ninjaroy:

The terms are located in the PDF which comes with the demo download. Here is the excerpt regarding licensing:

Notice that this engine is free only for non-commercial projects. My work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
These were of course not recently updated, as they still have the old links in them. If you need to know if they have changed, you'll need to contact Khas directly.

His current site with new links is at:

http://arcthunder.blogspot.com/p/rpg-maker.html

FYI, there is no necropost time limit for posting in this forum as long as you have a legitimate issue.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Khas has stated that he is changing his terms in regards to the commercial availability of his scripts. He's reachable in twitter too.

thomas_surles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im having trouble with the "Event touch" trigger and stepping animations. How can i get this to work.

guardna

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Khas has stated that he is changing his terms in regards to the commercial availability of his scripts. He's reachable in twitter too.
Khas seems to have gone MIA unfortunately, does he have a new twitter or something ?

guardna

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, but khas no longer provides support for rpg maker.
My apologies for not understanding correctly, but do you mean he has a new twitter or that he is still MIA ?

thomas_surles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My apologies for not understanding correctly, but do you mean he has a new twitter or that he is still MIA ?
Im not sure if there is a new twitter. i just read that he does not work with rpg maker anymore so he no longer supports the scripts for it.

thomas_surles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Has anyone figured out the stepping animation or event touch? They don't work with this script

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap